Managing Financial Turnarounds
Advice offered in the study includes:
- Eliminate emotional ties to previous policies.
- Make cash flow allocation your first concern.
- Identify and monitor internal key performance indicators daily.
- Look for problems.
- Anticipate problems and try to head them off.
- Have a good understanding of what makes your business work.
The study includes detailed case histories of 20 companies that have undergone significant turnarounds and explains the problems these companies faced and how these problems were addressed.
The FEI study is available for $75 and may be ordered by calling 1-800-680-3373.
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.