April 15 tax day - late night tv show jokes
A roundup of late night comedy show tax jokes that aired this week:
From The Tonight Show with Jay Leno:
President Obama should get a big refund this year. He has a lot of dependants. AIG, Citibank, Morgan Stanley.
From The Late Show with David Letterman:
Late Show Top Ten
Top Ten Things I've Learned From Being An Accountant (presented by various accountants)
10. When you know the right people at the post office, it can be April 15 whenever you want (Phil DeFalco)
9. Wite-Out and 7-Up — surprisingly refreshing (Andrew Ross)
8. If you're confused by something on the tax form, just write "Huh?" (John Fodera)
7. You do the taxes; don't let the taxes do you (Richard Koenigsberg)
6. People will pay you a lot of money if you pretend to know how the tax code works (Adele Valenzuela)
5. The only thing more satisfying than getting a client a sizeable refund is the garlic shrimp scampi at Red Lobster (Doug Cohen)
4. Numbers is hard (Andrew Rubin)
3. After completing tax returns for 12 straight hours, your calculator starts talking to you (Sandra Bissell)
2. Always put your clients first... unless you get an offer to go on Letterman (Roger Levenson)
1. Women want me. Men want to be me. (Richard Cohen)
You can watch the YouTube replay of the Top Ten presentation.
From Jimmy Kimmel Live!
There were tea party protests today. People have been mailing tea bags to members of Congress to, I guess, express their dissatisfaction with taxes and government spending. Nothing shakes a politician up like a complimentary bag of tea.