How to Improve Your Business Listening Skills
by AccountingWeb on
By Christopher Knight
- First, decide to improve them. Profit is a good reason, no? There is magic, power, and genius when you make a decision.
- You've heard me say this before, but leave your EGO at the door. You can not be a good listener, when you've got your EGO screaming how important you are, when your prospect/client could care less.
- No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care, and they know this by whether you listen or not to them.
- Practice shutting up. 'nough said?
- Create a curiosity about the other person, and ask questions which help you understand more about them, and their emotional needs which your product or service satisfies.
- ASK QUESTIONS.
- Dig and seek commonality....which leads to rapport.
This Piece Was Submitted By Business Builder, Entrepreneur & Email/Web/Internet Strategist, Christopher M. Knight. You can reach Chris at: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or http://Christopher-Knight.com/
You may like these other stories...
This article originally was published on Practice Development Counsel. Read more generational articles by Phyllis Weiss Haserot. As professionals and executives become more senior, there’s often a...
This morning, after I had my coffee, I got ready for a mind-clearing jog. After opening the door and feeling an arctic blast on my face, I quickly turned around and thought about another activity, writing. You see...
Welcome to the AccountingWEB series "Michael Alter's Dollars and Sense" by Michael Alter, president of SurePayroll. You can see all of his articles here.One of the most important things you can do for...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
BAR is an acronym for: Boundaries, Authority and Role. This simple tool will provide participants with a solid understanding of leadership essentials to improve their performance.
This material is designed to provide a start-to-finish overview of how to plan and complete high-quality small audits efficiently.
In this session Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA shares numerous techniques that you can use to work with charts more efficiently.
Key Accounting and Reporting Issues for Nonprofits No. 1: Overview and Statement of Financial Position
This material focuses on non-profit organizations organization, accounting and reporting.