Ten Benefits of a Mission Statement
by AccountingWeb on
Reprinted with Permission from "The Goals Guy".
- A mission statement causes you to expand your perspective, and to examine your innermost thoughts and feelings. In this process you clarify the purpose of your life and identify what is really important to you.
- Writing a mission statement is much like a treasure hunt in that it helps you to uncover talents, interests, and your deepest desires.
- A mission statement forces you to clarify and express succinctly your deepest values and aspirations.
- A mission statement imprints your values and purposes firmly in your mind so it becomes a part of you instead of something you might have thought about just casually in passing.
- The integration of your personal mission statement into daily and weekly planning gives you a tangible method of keeping your vision constantly before you.
- A mission statement is the beginning of personal leadership. It sets parameters and guidelines for how you live your life.
- Writing a mission statement forces you to think deeply about your life. And the best way to internalize your mission is to re-write and refer to it continuously.
- At some point in life, everyone longs for a sense of meaning and purpose. A mission statement helps you to uncover talents and contributions that reveal your very reason for existence.
- Crafting a mission statement allows you to connect with your own unique purpose and the profound satisfaction that comes in fulfilling it.
- A personal mission statement helps you to address three important questions: What is my life about?, What do I stand for?, What actions am I taking to live what my life is about and what I stand for?
Reprinted With Permission. All Rights Reserved. (C) The Goals Guy. You can find out more information on The Goals Guy, by visiting thier Web site at http://www.goalsguy.com/About/ggls.html
3 days 3 hours ago by iplata