Survey Says: 96% of Accountants Have Internet Access
Harris Interactive, the folks who bring you Harris Polls, have finished conducting the CCH Accountants on the Internet 2000 poll and the results are fascinating. Did you know that
- 96% of accountants have Internet access (up from 51% in 1996)
- 59% percent of those with Internet access use the service daily
- 95% of those with Internet access use the service weekly
- 29% have used the Internet for CPE (up from
- 65% of firms with 11 or more members market themselves on the Web
Accountants use the Internet for e-mail, professional research, general business research, downloading software and demos, reading business and professional news (like you’re doing right now), identifying and research professional services and products, and purchasing professional services and products.
Gene Landoe, president and CEO of CCH Tax and Compliance, states that the Internet is, “the preferred method of customer service.”
Voice of the Editor
What makes a company a great place to work? Experience, a ConnectEDU company, uses criteria that include benefits, career advancement opportunities, culture, and work/life balance to form its annual list of the Best Places to Work for Recent Grads. BDO USA and Ernst & Young both made the Top 25 list. Read what makes these firms stand out and find out what can be done at your firm to entice college grads.