Seven Things To Do To Communicate Your Companies Vision For Your Team
by AccountingWeb on
By, Christopher M. Knight
- How well does your staff understand your firm's vision? If you stopped your top 3 employees, would they know or be able to recite your companies vision?
- When is the last time you sent your company what the top 3 goals of your firm is? Go do that today.
- Have you clearly defined the top 12 guiding principles by which your company will be run? If you're tired of repeating the same old story to your team, stop repeating and get this document produced, distributed, and start referring to it, instead of expecting everyone on your team to read your mind.
- Can you clearly articulate your companies vision in one sentence? To be effective, YOU, as the leader, must do this first, and then share it with everyone.
- Does your staff know or understand the importance of your firms vision? Do they know the economic impact of accomplishing the goals as it relates to their job?
- How committed is your firm to achieving the vision and goals you have set and why should anyone believe that they will be accomplished? i.e.: do you have a plan & have you shared that plan?
- What are the minimum standards that your company will adhere to in order to obtain the vision? Put these in writing today if you haven't yet.
This Piece Was Submitted By Business Builder, Entrepreneur & Email/ Web/Internet Strategist, Christopher M. Knight. You can reach Chris at: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or http://Christopher-Knight.com/
You may like these other stories...
Here's a CPA who truly walks the walk. On March 15, Frank Ryan, CPA, departed San Diego, California, with plans to be in Ocean City, Maryland, by July 2 to teach a course at the Maryland Association of CPAs’ (MACPA...
When Theodore J. Flynn first joined the Massachusetts Society of CPAs (MSCPA) in 1970, it was a different world and a different profession. The "Big Eight" were still headquartered in Boston. Vietnam War...
Accountant Rickey Charles Goodrich had it a little too good. Many bean counters would kill to serve as financial guru to the likes of Pearl Jam. Goodrich was hired in 2005, and the following year, he became the CFO of Curtis...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
In this presentation Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA revisits the Excel feature you should be using, but probably aren't. The Table feature offers the ability to both boost the integrity of your spreadsheets, but reduce maintenance as well.
In this session Excel expert David Ringstrom helps beginners get up to speed in Microsoft Excel. However, even experienced Excel users will learn some new tricks, particularly when David discusses under-utilized aspects of Excel.
FRF for SMEs Series--Measurement and Disclosure Principles for various Consolidations and Business Combinations, Part 4B
This webcast will focus on accounting and disclosure policies for various types of consolidations and business combinations.