Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants appoints new board of directors
by AccountingWeb on
The Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants, Inc. (MSCPA) elected its board of directors for the 2009-2010 fiscal year. The following will serve as board officers:
- Daniel P. DeVasto, CPA, Wolf & Company PC, as chairman;
- Jeffery D. Solomon, CPA, CVA, Levine Katz Nannis & Solomon PC, as chairman-elect;
- Stuart R. Benton, CPA, New Energy Alliance, as vice chairman of finance;
- Douglas R. Rodrigues, CPA, D.E. Rodrigues & Company Inc., as vice chairman;
- Kenneth W. Kirkland, CPA, MST, Kirkland Albrecht & Fredrickson LLC, as vice chairman;
- Theodore J. Flynn, CAE, MSCPA, as president and CEO
The following will sit on the board as members:
- Kristen Connell, CPA, Kahn Litwin Renza & Company Ltd.;
- Paul Costantino, CPA, MST, Costantino Richards Rizzo LLP;
- James Erdekian, CPA, Feeley & Driscoll PC;
- Mathew Hunt, CPA, Sullivan Rogers & Company LLC;
- Scott Levy, CPA, Grant Thornton LLP;
- William Mahoney, CPA, Edelstein & Company LLP;
- Jeffery Mead, CPA, CCR LLP;
- Charles Metjian, Jr., CPA, Miller Wachman;
- Tracy Noga, CPA, Bentley University;
- Phillip Pacino, CPA, Greene Rubin Miller and Pacino CPAs;
- Keith Purcell, CPA, Downey Sweeney Fitzgerald & Company PC;
- Kevin Rhodes, CPA, Edgewater Technology Inc.
You may like these other stories...
Here's a CPA who truly walks the walk. On March 15, Frank Ryan, CPA, departed San Diego, California, with plans to be in Ocean City, Maryland, by July 2 to teach a course at the Maryland Association of CPAs’ (MACPA...
When Theodore J. Flynn first joined the Massachusetts Society of CPAs (MSCPA) in 1970, it was a different world and a different profession. The "Big Eight" were still headquartered in Boston. Vietnam War...
Accountant Rickey Charles Goodrich had it a little too good. Many bean counters would kill to serve as financial guru to the likes of Pearl Jam. Goodrich was hired in 2005, and the following year, he became the CFO of Curtis...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
Excel spreadsheets are often akin to the American Wild West, where users can input anything they want into any worksheet cell. Excel's Data Validation feature allows you to restrict user inputs to selected choices, but there are many nuances to the feature that often trip users up.
In this session we'll discuss the types of technologies and their uses in a small accounting firm office.
This webcast will include discussions of commonly-applicable Clarified Auditing Standards for audits of non-public, non-governmental entities.
In this jam-packed presentation Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA will give you a crash-course in creating spreadsheet-based dashboards. A dashboard condenses large amounts of data into a compact space, yet enables the end user to easily drill down into details when warranted.