Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants appoints new board of directors
by AccountingWeb on
The Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants, Inc. (MSCPA) elected its board of directors for the 2009-2010 fiscal year. The following will serve as board officers:
- Daniel P. DeVasto, CPA, Wolf & Company PC, as chairman;
- Jeffery D. Solomon, CPA, CVA, Levine Katz Nannis & Solomon PC, as chairman-elect;
- Stuart R. Benton, CPA, New Energy Alliance, as vice chairman of finance;
- Douglas R. Rodrigues, CPA, D.E. Rodrigues & Company Inc., as vice chairman;
- Kenneth W. Kirkland, CPA, MST, Kirkland Albrecht & Fredrickson LLC, as vice chairman;
- Theodore J. Flynn, CAE, MSCPA, as president and CEO
The following will sit on the board as members:
- Kristen Connell, CPA, Kahn Litwin Renza & Company Ltd.;
- Paul Costantino, CPA, MST, Costantino Richards Rizzo LLP;
- James Erdekian, CPA, Feeley & Driscoll PC;
- Mathew Hunt, CPA, Sullivan Rogers & Company LLC;
- Scott Levy, CPA, Grant Thornton LLP;
- William Mahoney, CPA, Edelstein & Company LLP;
- Jeffery Mead, CPA, CCR LLP;
- Charles Metjian, Jr., CPA, Miller Wachman;
- Tracy Noga, CPA, Bentley University;
- Phillip Pacino, CPA, Greene Rubin Miller and Pacino CPAs;
- Keith Purcell, CPA, Downey Sweeney Fitzgerald & Company PC;
- Kevin Rhodes, CPA, Edgewater Technology Inc.
You may like these other stories...
When Theodore J. Flynn first joined the Massachusetts Society of CPAs (MSCPA) in 1970, it was a different world and a different profession. The "Big Eight" were still headquartered in Boston. Vietnam War...
Accountant Rickey Charles Goodrich had it a little too good. Many bean counters would kill to serve as financial guru to the likes of Pearl Jam. Goodrich was hired in 2005, and the following year, he became the CFO of Curtis...
By Jason Bramwell, Staff WriterAreas of general accounting and finance – including forecasts and budgets, financial reporting, and mergers and acquisitions – were cited by more than half of CFOs as projects they...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
BAR is an acronym for: Boundaries, Authority and Role. This simple tool will provide participants with a solid understanding of leadership essentials to improve their performance.
This material is designed to provide a start-to-finish overview of how to plan and complete high-quality small audits efficiently.
In this session Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA shares numerous techniques that you can use to work with charts more efficiently.
Key Accounting and Reporting Issues for Nonprofits No. 1: Overview and Statement of Financial Position
This material focuses on non-profit organizations organization, accounting and reporting.