Mark Your Calendar: Conference on Current Financial Reporting Issues
Financial Executive International’s Conference on Current Financial Reporting Issues (CFRI) is scheduled for November 17 and 18 at the Hilton New York Hotel in New York. The conference, promoted as “the must-attend event for preparers of corporate financial statements”, will include updates from regulators on accounting standards, reporting requirements and projects being developed.
Featured speakers at the conference include:
- Donald Nicolaisen, Chief Accountant, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Robert Herz, Chairman, Financial Accounting Standards Board
- William McDonough, Chairman and CEO, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- Lou Dobbs, Anchor and Managing Editor, CNN’s “Lou Dobbs Tonight”
According to conference literature, th topics being covered during the conference include:
- Update on FASB/EITF Projects and Q&A
- Controllers’ Roundtable
- Section 404: Achieving Sustainability for the Future
- Update on SEC Developments and Q&A
- The Future of Financial Reporting
In addition, there will be a pre-conference workshop on conflict resolution presented by Rutgers Center for Management Development from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 16. Conflict Resolution: Turning Challenging Situations into Positive Results will be an interactive workshop exploring various methods of managing conflict and selecting appropriate alternatives. Seating is limited to 30.
More information and registration materials are available online at http://www.fei.org/cfri05/highlights.cfm or by calling 973-765-1028.