Illinois CPA Society appoints 2009-2010 board of directors
The Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS) recently announced the installment of its 2009-2010 Board of Directors. The Society, the fifth largest state CPA society in the country with more than 24,000 members, is a professional organization dedicated to enhancing the value of the CPA profession.
The 19-member Board took office June 1, 2009 and will lead and advise the Illinois CPA Society, Illinois CPA Foundation and CPAs for the Public Interest (CPAsPI). Board members are accomplished individuals who represent various accounting segments and are extremely dedicated to the profession.
Illinois CPA Society President and CEO Elaine Weiss welcomes the new 2009-2010 Board of Directors, comprised of the following individuals:
- Lee A. Gould, CPA/ABV, JD, CFE, CFF – Managing Member, Gould & Pakter Associates LLC, Chicago, IL
- Sara J. Mikuta, CPA – CFO, Leaders Bank, Oak Brook, IL
- Charles F.G. Kuyk III, CPA – Partner, Crowe Horwath and Company LLP, Chicago, IL
- Robert E. Cameron, CPA – Principal, Cameron Smith & Company PC, Springfield, IL
Immediate Past Chairman
- Sheldon P. Holzman, CPA, CFE – Partner, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, Chicago, IL
Directors for Two-Year Term Ending May 31, 2010
- Brent A. Baccus, CPA – Audit Manager, Washington Pittman & McKeever, Chicago, IL
- Therese M. Bobek, CPA – Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Chicago, IL
- Cara C. Hoffman, CPA – Senior Tax Manager, Blackman Kallick LLP, Chicago, IL
- Charlotte A. Montgomery, CPA – Director of Resource Allocation, Illinois State Museum, Springfield, IL
- Daniel F. Rahill, CPA – Partner in Charge, Tax, KPMG LLP, Chicago, IL
- Lawrence H. Shanker, CPA – Founder, Shanker Valleau Accountants, Inc., Evanston, IL
Directors for Two-Year Term Ending May 31, 2011
- William P. Graf, CPA – Partner, Deloitte & Touche LLP, Chicago, IL
- James P. Jones, CPA – Executive Vice President & COO, Edward Don & Company, North Riverside, IL
- Annette M. O’Connor, CPA – Senior Manager, Financial Reporting, RR Donnelley, Chicago, IL
Directors with Three-Year Term Ending May 31, 2012
- Kelly J. Grier, CPA – Partner, Ernst & Young LLP, Chicago, IL
- Elizabeth A. Murphy, PhD, MBA, CPA – Professor, DePaul University, Chicago, IL
- Michael J. Pierce, CPA – Managing Director, RSM McGladrey Inc., Deerfield, IL
- Edward H. Stassen, CPA – CFO, Recycled Paper Greetings Inc., Chicago, IL
Affiliate/Public Member for One-Year Term Ending May 31, 2010
- Marian Powers, PhD – Professor, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.