Free Report: Employment Issues in National Emergencies
HRnext.com, a Web site that features articles and resources about human resources, in association with a leading employment law firm, has produced a Special Report, which is available for FREE.
The white paper, entitled "Handling Employment Issues in the National Emergency," includes the following topics:
- Avoiding Employment Problems During National Emergencies
- Disaster Unemployment Insurance
- Military Leave Protected Under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act – Who is Covered
- Pay and Emergency Closing Issues
- U.S. Postal Service Tips on Handling Suspicious Packages
- Questionnaire: Emergency Planning Checklist
- Sample Policy: Uniformed Service Leave
The report provides plain-English advice on how to handle potential human resources problems arising from the current national emergency, plus checklists and sample policies on emergencies, USERRA and military leave, unemployment, the WARN Act, handling the mail, and so on.
When you request an e-mail copy of the free white paper, you will also receive a subscription to HRnext's free weekly HR Ezine.
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.