Association for Accounting Marketing announces annual awards
by AccountingWEB on
By Gail Perry, editor-in-chief
Attendance at the Oscar awards ceremony might be out of reach for most accounting professionals (unless you're on the ballot team at PwC), but that didn't stop the members of the Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM) from putting on the Ritz at the Chicago Fairmont Hotel where they celebrated Thursday night with their Gala awards ceremony.
The annual dinner event was followed by the Marketing Achievement Awards ceremony. Committee Co-Chair Sally Glick emceed the ceremony. The following awards were announced:
- Logo Design for a firm with over $15 million in revenue: Moody, Famiglietti & Adronico LLP ; for a firm with under $15 million: Capstone Marketing.
- Corporate identity – this award celebrated an out with the old and in with the new attitude. Under $15 million: Capstone Marketing. Over $15 million: Aronson LLC.
- Brochure / Printed Collateral, under $15 million: Bauerle and Company. Over $15 million: Arthur Bell, CPAs.
- Rookie of the Year: Emily Burns of Freed Maxick & Battaglia PC. Among other things, Burns is responsible for creating a Twitter-fed newspaper, the use of a mobile Web site, and a blog as part of a new recruiting Web site.
- Print Newsletters: To qualify, the firm's newsletter must be distributed at least twice a year and have a consistent look and feel: Under $15 million: Cerini & Associates LLP. Over $15 million: Rehmann
- Electronic newsletters: This award honored custom newsletter and e-campaigns. Under $15 million: Davis Kinard & Co. PC. Over $15 million: BKD LLP.
- Public Relations: One judge described this winner as demonstrating strategic use of social media and media involvement to enhance public image. The only winner was in the over $15 million category: Freed Maxick & Battaglia, PC.
- Volunteer of the Year: Sarah Johnson of Inovautus Consulting LLC (tearing up). In her acceptance speech, Johnson told attendees to "Invest in this association because it will give so much back to you."
- Survey Research: This award encompassed research in both print and electronic surveys used to gauge client satisfaction, industry trends, and niche research. Under $15 million: Cerini & Associates, LLP. Over $15 million: Armanino McKenna
- Internal Firm Programs: Under $15 million: Plante Moran. Over $15 million: Ingenuity Marketing Group LLC and Lindquist, von Husen & Joyce LLP.
- Web site: Under $15 million: Hoyman Dobson CPAs; Over $15 million: Freed Maxick & Battaglia, PC.
- President's Award: D. Scott Moore of Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
- Marketer of the Year: Raissa Evans of PKF Texas.
- Multi-Media: Under $15 million: KatzAbosch; Over $15 million: WithumSmith + Brown, PC
- Celebratory Greeting Card: Under $15 million: Cornwell Jackson Group Inc.; Over $15 million: Skoda Minotti CPAs.
- Recruiting Campaign: Included for consideration in this award were Web sites, brochures, advertising, logos, e-mails, podcasts, and exhibits. Under $15 million: Henderson Hutcherson & McCullough, PLLC. Over $15 million: Postlethwaite & Netterville,
- Sales Presentations/Proposals: Under $15 million: SBLR Chartered Accountants; Over $15 million: Frazier & Deeter, LLC.
- Niche-Building Campaign: Judges described the winners in this category as having great strategy, great message, great design, and a great way of delivering it: Under $15 million: Henderson Hutcherson & McCullough, PLLC; Over $15 million: Henry & Horne, LLP.
- Event Marketing, Trade Shows and Seminars: Under $15 million: Stambaugh Ness, PC. Over $15 million: Mountjoy Chilton Medley for its presentation of "The Good, the Bad, the Cuddly: Toys and the Movies" in collaboration with Frazier Museum.
- Single Mailing: Judges described the under $15 million winning mailing as being "slick, eye-catching, and memorable." Bober Markey Fedorovich. Judges described the over $15 million winning mailing as having "good strategy, good execution, and strong results." Crowe Horwath LLP for its "Make the Call" mailing.
- Campaign Mailing: This category rewarded a set of three or more mailings. Under $15 million: Wilkin & Guttenplan, PC. Over $15 million: Reinsel Kuntz Lesher LLP.
- Single Print: This award was for a single print advertisement. Under $15 million: Ingenuity Marketing Group LLC and Cornwell Jackson. Over $15 million: Kennedy & Coe, LLC.
- Series Print: This category rewarded a series of three or more print ads that shared a common theme or look and feel. Under $15 million Davis Kinard & Co. PC. Over $15 million: Kennedy & Coe, LLC.
- Non-Print: Submissions in this category included advertising in radio, television, posters, billboards, and online. Over $15 million: Postlethwaite & Netterville,
At the conclusion of the ceremony, a new member was inducted in to the AAM Hall of Fame for : dedication to and promotion of the accounting marketing profession. This inductee was described to be "like a bridge between the accounting world and the marketing world. A superior writer and talented editor," editor of the CCH CPA Practice Management Forum, Marsha Leest.
You may like these other stories...
When Theodore J. Flynn first joined the Massachusetts Society of CPAs (MSCPA) in 1970, it was a different world and a different profession. The "Big Eight" were still headquartered in Boston. Vietnam War...
Accountant Rickey Charles Goodrich had it a little too good. Many bean counters would kill to serve as financial guru to the likes of Pearl Jam. Goodrich was hired in 2005, and the following year, he became the CFO of Curtis...
By Jason Bramwell, Staff WriterAreas of general accounting and finance – including forecasts and budgets, financial reporting, and mergers and acquisitions – were cited by more than half of CFOs as projects they...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
BAR is an acronym for: Boundaries, Authority and Role. This simple tool will provide participants with a solid understanding of leadership essentials to improve their performance.
This material is designed to provide a start-to-finish overview of how to plan and complete high-quality small audits efficiently.
In this session Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA shares numerous techniques that you can use to work with charts more efficiently.
Key Accounting and Reporting Issues for Nonprofits No. 1: Overview and Statement of Financial Position
This material focuses on non-profit organizations organization, accounting and reporting.