AICPA Launches Center For Public Company Audit Firms
The SEC Practice Section is now The Center for Public Company Audit Firms. As a voluntary membership center, it will support member firms that audit or are interested in auditing public companies with education, communication, representation and other means.
Members can use the Center as a resource and sounding board for interpreting requirements and instituting required changes from the PCAOB.
The Center is designed to:
- Provide a forum for firms to express views on technical and regulatory matters involving practice before the SEC and the PCAOB
- Enhance the quality of member firms’ public company audit practices
- Cultivate relationships, act as liaison and communicate issues with the SEC, the PCAOB, Congress, stock exchanges and others
- Advocate solutions and positions on behalf of member firms
- Administer a peer review program for member firms non-SECpractice, since PCAOB will only be inspecting issuer practices.
Current SECPS members will be automatically enrolled in both the Center and its peer review program on January 1 — so no need to act! New members can enroll by contacting Robin Johnson at (201) 938-3029.
For more information on these new and exciting changes, contact Sue Coffey at(201) 938-3177 or Jeanne Parsons at (201) 938-3099.
Voice of the Editor
What makes a company a great place to work? Experience, a ConnectEDU company, uses criteria that include benefits, career advancement opportunities, culture, and work/life balance to form its annual list of the Best Places to Work for Recent Grads. BDO USA and Ernst & Young both made the Top 25 list. Read what makes these firms stand out and find out what can be done at your firm to entice college grads.