E&Y Responds to Medicare Controversy
E&Y has produced its own Medicare document, Prescription for Change," which outlines the potential outcomes of current Mediare plans being bandied about, and offers its own solutions to an issue which will affect 1 in 3 Americans within the next two decades.
The E&Y document:
· Examines the drivers that will create the Medicare benefit, regardless of the current political obstacles
· Provides a basic sketch of what the new benefit could look like
· Explains the profound impact a prescription drug benefit will have on stakeholders
· Addresses the questions:
- Should the benefit be universal, subsidized, or directed to low-income individuals?
- What role should the federal and state governments play?
- What role should private industry play?
- How can consumers be guaranteed a choice while costs are controlled?
- How will consumers, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, and other stakeholders be affected?
In addition to the document, E&Y plans to hold a live online webcast Octoboer 25 at which members of the firm will discuss new health care proposals that may affect your business. You can register to attend the free webcast.
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.