Excel Tip: Quickly Print Designated Areas of a Worksheet
by AccountingWeb on
- Set up your various print ranges first by using your mouse to select a range, then assign a name to the range.
- Assign a range name by choosing Insert, Name, Define from the menu.
- In the Names in workbook field, enter the name you want to use to identify this selected range. You cannot use spaces in your range name.
- Click OK to complete the process.
- Assign other named ranges in your worksheet in the same manner. It's all right for named ranges to overlap.
- To print a named range, click the down arrow in the Name Box, which appears at the left side of your formula bar, just above the worksheet area.
- Click on the name of the range you wish to print.
- Choose File, Print from the menu, then click on Selection in the Print window that appears.
- Click the OK button, and only the range you selected will print.
Wait, there's more!
There's always more at AccountingWEB. We're an active community of financial professionals and journalists who strive to bring you valuable content every day. If you'd like, let us know your interests and we'll send you a few articles every week either in taxation, practice excellence, or just our most popular stories from that week. It's free to sign up and to be a part of our community.
Premium content is currently locked
1 week 3 days ago by mucar1990