Excel Tip: Quickly Print Designated Areas of a Worksheet
by AccountingWeb on
- Set up your various print ranges first by using your mouse to select a range, then assign a name to the range.
- Assign a range name by choosing Insert, Name, Define from the menu.
- In the Names in workbook field, enter the name you want to use to identify this selected range. You cannot use spaces in your range name.
- Click OK to complete the process.
- Assign other named ranges in your worksheet in the same manner. It's all right for named ranges to overlap.
- To print a named range, click the down arrow in the Name Box, which appears at the left side of your formula bar, just above the worksheet area.
- Click on the name of the range you wish to print.
- Choose File, Print from the menu, then click on Selection in the Print window that appears.
- Click the OK button, and only the range you selected will print.
You may like these other stories...
On January 30, I led a free, one-hour webinar, High Impact Excel: Pivot Table Edition. If you missed the presentation, it’s too late to get CPE credit, but you can watch an on-demand recording. After the webinar, I...
By David Ringstrom, CPA In Part 1 of this series I showed how to use a custom number format to conditionally display decimal places. Although the technique is simple, the downside is it may not work in every situation....
By David Ringstrom, CPA It's pretty much impossible to use Excel and not notice the Name Box, which appears just above the upper-left-hand corner of the worksheet frame. Most users know this as the space in Excel...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
BAR is an acronym for: Boundaries, Authority and Role. This simple tool will provide participants with a solid understanding of leadership essentials to improve their performance.
This material is designed to provide a start-to-finish overview of how to plan and complete high-quality small audits efficiently.
In this session Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA shares numerous techniques that you can use to work with charts more efficiently.
Key Accounting and Reporting Issues for Nonprofits No. 1: Overview and Statement of Financial Position
This material focuses on non-profit organizations organization, accounting and reporting.