Excel Tip: Copy an Entire Worksheet
Here's a timesaving tip for Excel users who frequently need to copy an entire worksheet (a page within a workbook) of information-such as a list of items for a monthly inventory-from one workbook (Excel file) to another.
To copy an entire sheet to another workbook, follow these steps:
- Open the workbook into which you want to paste the copied sheet.
- Switch to the workbook that contains the sheet you want to copy.
- Right-click the Sheet tab of the sheet you want to copy. A pop-up menu will appear.
- Click Move or Copy on the pop-up menu.
- From the To book drop-down menu, select the workbook that will receive the sheet. (To copy the selected sheet to a new workbook, click New book on the drop-down menu.)
- Indicate where in the receiving file you want the sheet to appear (Before Sheet1, Before Sheet2, etc.)
- Check the Create a copy check box. (If you don't select this check box, the sheet will be moved instead of copied.)
- Click OK. A copy of the worksheet will appear in the file you indicated.