Excel Tip: Change Formula to Value in a Jiffy
by AccountingWeb on
Here's a really quick tip for working with calculations in spreadsheets. Use this procedure to change any formula or contiguous group of formulas to values.
- Select a cell or a group of cells containing the formulas you wish to convert. The cells you select must be adjacent to one another.
- Place your mouse pointer on the outside edge of the selected area so that the mouse pointer changes from a white cross to a white arrow.
- Press down your RIGHT mouse button.
- Drag the cell(s) to any nearby cell, but DON'T release the mouse button.
- Drag the cell(s) right back where you started and release the mouse button. A pop-up menu will appear.
- Choose "Copy Here as Values Only" from the pop-up menu. The selected formulas will change to values.
You may like these other stories...
On January 30, I led a free, one-hour webinar, High Impact Excel: Pivot Table Edition. If you missed the presentation, it’s too late to get CPE credit, but you can watch an on-demand recording. After the webinar, I...
By David Ringstrom, CPA In Part 1 of this series I showed how to use a custom number format to conditionally display decimal places. Although the technique is simple, the downside is it may not work in every situation....
By David Ringstrom, CPA It's pretty much impossible to use Excel and not notice the Name Box, which appears just above the upper-left-hand corner of the worksheet frame. Most users know this as the space in Excel...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
BAR is an acronym for: Boundaries, Authority and Role. This simple tool will provide participants with a solid understanding of leadership essentials to improve their performance.
This material is designed to provide a start-to-finish overview of how to plan and complete high-quality small audits efficiently.
In this session Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA shares numerous techniques that you can use to work with charts more efficiently.
Key Accounting and Reporting Issues for Nonprofits No. 1: Overview and Statement of Financial Position
This material focuses on non-profit organizations organization, accounting and reporting.