Excel Tip: Change Formula to Value in a Jiffy
by AccountingWeb on
Here's a really quick tip for working with calculations in spreadsheets. Use this procedure to change any formula or contiguous group of formulas to values.
- Select a cell or a group of cells containing the formulas you wish to convert. The cells you select must be adjacent to one another.
- Place your mouse pointer on the outside edge of the selected area so that the mouse pointer changes from a white cross to a white arrow.
- Press down your RIGHT mouse button.
- Drag the cell(s) to any nearby cell, but DON'T release the mouse button.
- Drag the cell(s) right back where you started and release the mouse button. A pop-up menu will appear.
- Choose "Copy Here as Values Only" from the pop-up menu. The selected formulas will change to values.
Wait, there's more!
There's always more at AccountingWEB. We're an active community of financial professionals and journalists who strive to bring you valuable content every day. If you'd like, let us know your interests and we'll send you a few articles every week either in taxation, practice excellence, or just our most popular stories from that week. It's free to sign up and to be a part of our community.
Premium content is currently locked
3 weeks 12 hours ago by mucar1990