Excel Tip: Change Formula to Value in a Jiffy
by AccountingWeb on
Here's a really quick tip for working with calculations in spreadsheets. Use this procedure to change any formula or contiguous group of formulas to values.
- Select a cell or a group of cells containing the formulas you wish to convert. The cells you select must be adjacent to one another.
- Place your mouse pointer on the outside edge of the selected area so that the mouse pointer changes from a white cross to a white arrow.
- Press down your RIGHT mouse button.
- Drag the cell(s) to any nearby cell, but DON'T release the mouse button.
- Drag the cell(s) right back where you started and release the mouse button. A pop-up menu will appear.
- Choose "Copy Here as Values Only" from the pop-up menu. The selected formulas will change to values.
You may like these other stories...
Earlier this week I presented the Chart Edition of AccountingWEB’s High Impact Excel webinar series. One of the many topics I covered was the Sparklines feature, which was first introduced in Excel 2010. Several...
On January 30, I led a free, one-hour webinar, High Impact Excel: Pivot Table Edition. If you missed the presentation, it’s too late to get CPE credit, but you can watch an on-demand recording. After the webinar, I...
By David Ringstrom, CPA In Part 1 of this series I showed how to use a custom number format to conditionally display decimal places. Although the technique is simple, the downside is it may not work in every situation....
Upcoming CPE Webinars
In this session Excel expert David Ringstrom helps beginners get up to speed in Microsoft Excel. However, even experienced Excel users will learn some new tricks, particularly when David discusses under-utilized aspects of Excel.
FRF for SMEs Series--Measurement and Disclosure Principles for various Consolidations and Business Combinations, Part 4B
This webcast will focus on accounting and disclosure policies for various types of consolidations and business combinations.
In this session we'll review best practices for how to generate interest in your firm’s services.
Meet budgets and client expectations using project management skills geared toward the unique challenges faced by CPAs. Kristen Rampe will share how knowing the keys to structuring and executing a successful project can make the difference between success and repeated failures.