Election 2000: Your Vote Counts!
by AccountingWeb on
The Texas Society of CPAs has compiled a list of reasons why your vote may make a difference tomorrow on on election day.
- One vote made Oliver Cromwell Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England in 1645.
- One vote caused Charles I of England to be executed in 1649.
- One vote in 1776 determined that Americans would speak English instead of German.
- One vote in 1800 kept Aaron Burr, later charged with Treason, from becoming President.
- One vote made Texas (1845), California (1850), Idaho (1890), Washington (1889) and Oregon (1859) part of the United States.
- One vote saved President Andrew Johnson from impeachment in 1868.
- One vote elected Rutherford B. Hayes to the presidency in 1876. The man in the electoral college who cast that vote was an Indiana Congressman who was, himself, elected by one vote.
- One vote made Adolph Hitler head of the Nazi Party in 1923.
- One vote, in 1941, continued the Selective Service System (the draft) only 12 weeks before Pearl Harbor was attacked.
The bottom line? Get out and vote!
Upcoming CPE Webinars
Hand off work to others with finesse and success. Kristen Rampe, CPA will share how to ensure delegated work is properly handled from start to finish in this content-rich one hour webinar.
FRF for SMEs Series--Statement of Cash Flows, Subsequent Events, Related Party Issues, Accounting for Investments including Consolidations, Part 4A
This webcast will cover the preparation of the statement of cash flows and focus on accounting and disclosure policies for other important issues described below.
We can’t deny a great divide exists between the expectations and workplace needs of Baby Boomers and Millennials. To create thriving organizational performance, we need to shift the way in which we groom future leaders.
In this presentation Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA revisits the Excel feature you should be using, but probably aren't. The Table feature offers the ability to both boost the integrity of your spreadsheets, but reduce maintenance as well.