Seven Ways to Inspire Confidence in Your Staff
by AccountingWeb on
By Christopher Knight
- CATCH them doing something right, and immediately praise them.
- Because they look up to you, you need to set the example, and set the standards in the organization.
- Confidence happens when folks feel good about themselves. Make sure that you hire a team, free of drugs, such as alcohol, crack, or any other mind-controlling negative drug.
- BEGIN each morning with physiology exercises, to get everyone's heart pumping, which will raise their self esteem.
- Guard your discussions. Talk of the positive is important, but when negative issues are addressed, as they must be from time to time, make sure you outline or leave the session talking about what can and will be done, from a positive angle. Remember that not everyone, is as secure as yourself, about the future.
- Break things down into easy to understand steps, so that your team can have hundreds of SMALL successes, which we all know build to great success. :)
- Set behavioral standards in the workplace, which does not allow self-defeating behavior from flourishing.
You may like these other stories...
Teresa Taylor, former COO of the multibillion dollar telecommunications giant Qwest, remembers the exact moment she stopped chasing the work-life balance myth.When Taylor's eldest son Jack was in second grade he invited...
Event Date: September 10, 2014, 2 pm ETTransfer your knowledge and experience to prepare your team for the challenges and opportunities of an accounting career. Kristen Rampe will show you can have a significant impact...
Regulatory compliance, risk management and cost-cutting are the big heartburn issues for finance execs in the C-suite. Yet financial planning and analysis—a key antacid—is insufficient.That's just one of the...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
In this session we'll discuss the types of technologies and their uses in a small accounting firm office.
Transfer your knowledge and experience to prepare your team for the challenges and opportunities of an accounting career.
This webcast will include discussions of commonly-applicable Clarified Auditing Standards for audits of non-public, non-governmental entities.
In this jam-packed presentation Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA will give you a crash-course in creating spreadsheet-based dashboards. A dashboard condenses large amounts of data into a compact space, yet enables the end user to easily drill down into details when warranted.