Seven Ways to Inspire Confidence in Your Staff
by AccountingWeb on
By Christopher Knight
- CATCH them doing something right, and immediately praise them.
- Because they look up to you, you need to set the example, and set the standards in the organization.
- Confidence happens when folks feel good about themselves. Make sure that you hire a team, free of drugs, such as alcohol, crack, or any other mind-controlling negative drug.
- BEGIN each morning with physiology exercises, to get everyone's heart pumping, which will raise their self esteem.
- Guard your discussions. Talk of the positive is important, but when negative issues are addressed, as they must be from time to time, make sure you outline or leave the session talking about what can and will be done, from a positive angle. Remember that not everyone, is as secure as yourself, about the future.
- Break things down into easy to understand steps, so that your team can have hundreds of SMALL successes, which we all know build to great success. :)
- Set behavioral standards in the workplace, which does not allow self-defeating behavior from flourishing.
You may like these other stories...
Event Date: August 21, 2014, 2 pm ETMeet budgets and client expectations using project management skills geared toward the unique challenges faced by CPAs. Kristen Rampe will share how knowing the keys to structuring...
Event Date: August 20, 2014, 2:30 pm ETIn this session we'll review best practices for how to generate interest in your firm’s services. Topics include:Web Based Marketing StrategiesAppointment SettingNetworking...
Recently, there has been a lot of buzz about the future of continuing professional education (CPE). The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) created a task force on the Future of Learning with an accompanying fancy website. In...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
In this session Excel expert David Ringstrom helps beginners get up to speed in Microsoft Excel. However, even experienced Excel users will learn some new tricks, particularly when David discusses under-utilized aspects of Excel.
FRF for SMEs Series--Measurement and Disclosure Principles for various Consolidations and Business Combinations, Part 4B
This webcast will focus on accounting and disclosure policies for various types of consolidations and business combinations.
In this session we'll review best practices for how to generate interest in your firm’s services.
Meet budgets and client expectations using project management skills geared toward the unique challenges faced by CPAs. Kristen Rampe will share how knowing the keys to structuring and executing a successful project can make the difference between success and repeated failures.