SEC Looking For a Few Good Accountants
The Office of the Chief Accountant of the Securities and Exchange Commission is accepting applications for four Accounting Fellow positions. The four who are selected will be required to sever all ties with their current employer in exchange for the two-year term which will begin in June 2002.
Those who are chosen for the Fellow positions will participate in projects that will include the following:
- The study and development of rule proposals under Federal securities law
- Liaison with professional accounting standard-setting bodies
- Consult with registrants on reporting and accounting matters
Applicants should have the following background and experience:
- Ten to twelve years experience in public accounting, including at least six years at the manager level
- Familiarity with technical accounting and auditing literature and current issues confronting the profession
- A history of public service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Information about government forms, letters of recommendation, and required information for applicants' resumes as well as the address for submitting information is available at the SEC Web site.
Applications are being accepted now through December 14, 2001. A selection committee will review and interview the applicants. Interviews will occur in February, 2002.