Honoring Elijah Watt Sells Award Winners & Top CPA Exam Scorers
The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) has announced the winners of the 2005 Elijah Watt Sells Awards. The awards are presented annually to the 10 candidates earning the highest cumulative scores on the four sections of the Uniform CPA Examination. These candidates must have completed testing during the previous calendar year and passed each exam section on the first attempt.
|Thousands of executives with financial reporting responsibilities use the Comperio on-line library to access the type of information and interpretive guidance PricewaterhouseCoopers' own professional audit staff use around the world. Key content areas include guidance from the FASB, EITF, PCAOB, SEC, and others as well as PwC's interpretive guidance. Get more information and sign up for a complimentary 30-day trial.|
In alphabetical order, the 2005 award winners are:
- Steven C. Anderson, an Ohio candidate from Shaker Heights, Ohio, is a graduate of Case Western University and currently employed by Howard, Wershbale & Co. in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Melissa Bylsma, an Illinois candidate from Chicago, is a graduate of the University of Michigan and is currently working at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Chicago, Ill.
- Mark Raymond Danielson, Jr., a Texas candidate who lives in Richardson, Texas, attended The University of Texas at Austin and works for Ernst & Young LLP in Dallas, Texas.
- Elizabeth A. Diehl, a Virginia candidate living in Huntsville, Ala., is a graduate of Pensacola Christian College who works for Mason Enterprises in Huntsville, Ala.
- Adina Mitnick Hollander, a Maryland candidate from Lakewood, New Jersey, is a graduate of Towson University and is currently employed at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Baltimore, Maryland.
- William Harris Leder, a Texas candidate from Sugar Land, Texas, graduated from The University of Texas at Austin and is working for Ernst & Young LLP in Dallas, Texas.
- Kristin Danielle St. Raymond, an Arizona candidate living in Scottsdale, Ariz., is a graduate of The University of Arizona and is with KPMG in Phoenix, Ariz..
- Hazel M. Tucker, a Utah candidate living in Park City, Utah, is a graduate of the University of Witwatersrand, South Africa, the University of South Africa, the University of Pretoria and Edinburgh Business School. She is employed by INVESTools in Draper, Utah.
- Steven W. Utke, a Pennsylvania candidate from Sewell, New Jersey, is a graduate of Bucknell University who works for Ernst & Young LLP in Philadelphia, Penn.
- Peter E. Wick, a Wisconsin candidate, from Neenah, Wisc., graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and is employed by Virchow Krause in Appleton, Wisc.
The award was created in 1923 to honor Elijah Watt Sells a year prior to his death. Sells was one of the country’s first CPAs under the provision of a New York State law enacted in 1896 and a leader in advancing professional education. He was active in the establishment of the AICPA and was a founder of New York University’s School of Commerce, Accounts and Finance.