The GSCPA Graduates the Ninth Class from Its Leadership Academy
by AccountingWEB on
By AccountingWEB Staff
The Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA) recently sponsored and completed its ninth Leadership Academy class, graduating twenty new CPA leaders into the community.
"The GSCPA Leadership Academy program offers a life-changing experience to participants," says Colin Blalock, chairman of the GSCPA. "The goal is to enhance the participants' leadership abilities by understanding themselves and how they interact with others. It is applicable and beneficial on a professional, personal, and community level. The GSCPA now has 200 Leadership Academy graduates acting as leaders in our communities and the accounting profession."
"The GSCPA now has 200 Leadership Academy graduates acting as leaders in our communities and the accounting profession."
The Leadership Academy is a high-quality, customized program based on assessment data that fosters individual self-reflection and serves as a means to encourage personal leadership development. It enables future leaders to develop new skills to serve more effectively in the organization, their workplace, and their community. The program is comprised of over fifty hours spent inside and outside the classroom that cover self-assessment; facilitating skills to achieve organizational consensus; negotiating; and persuading, problem solving, and team building.
Lisa S. Robinson, CPA, regional accounting manager with IDI and a recent Leadership Academy graduate, highly recommends the program. "Leadership Academy put me in situations where I was a little uncomfortable, but it gave me an opportunity to stretch and grow."
The next Leadership Academy begins fall of 2012, and the GSCPA is already accepting nominations for the next round of emerging leaders.
2011 Leadership Graduates:
- Christopher J. Anderson, CPA of Adams Capital, Inc; Atlanta, Georgia
- Jessica H. Cawley, CPA of Cherry, Bekaert & Holland, LLP; Augusta, Georgia
- Lisa L. Conti-Bacon, CPA of Hancock Askew & Co., LLP; Savannah, Georgia
- Karen C. Drescher, CPA of Karen C. Drescher, CPA, PC; McDonough, Georgia
- Paul M. Hodgson, CPA of Frazier & Deeter LLC; Atlanta, Georgia
- Stuart A. Jackson, CPA of The Jackson Group, PC; Atlanta, Georgia
- Tracey L. Jackson, CPA of Nichols, Cauley & Associates, LLC; Warner Robins, Georgia
- Cristi H. Jones, CPA of Thigpen, Jones, Seaton & Co, PC; Dublin, Georgia
- Chanika A. King, CPA of Smith & Howard, PC; Atlanta, Georgia
- David P. Payne, CPA, MBA of Robinson, Grimes & Company, PC; Columbus, Georgia
- Anthony S. Pritchett, CPA of Cypress Communications; Atlanta Georgia
- Lisa S. Robinson, CPA of IDI; Atlanta, Georgia
- Jessica E. Straub, CPA of Habif, Arogeti & Wynne, LLP; Atlanta, Georgia
- Robert B. Stroud, CPA of Habif, Arogeti & Wynne, LLP; Atlanta, Georgia
- Christopher B. Thomas, CPA of Moore Stephens Tiller LLC; Brunswick, Georgia
- Carlos Villegas, CPA of Forrestall, Galeano & Li CPA LLC; Atlanta, Georgia
- Margaret H. Waldrep, CPA of Cerqueda, Morgan & Collins LLP; Marietta, Georgia
- Kristy L. Walker, CPA of the University of Georgia; Athens, Georgia
- Carrie M. Wilkins, CPA of Treadwell, Tamplin & Company; Madison, Georgia
- Maria A. Williamson, CPA of Jones and Kolb, CPAs; Atlanta, Georgia
Graduates pictured by row, from left to right
Front row: Carlos Villegas, Jessica Straub, Lisa Robinson, Tracey Jackson, Jennifer Poff, Karen Drescher
Middle row: Jessica Cawley, Cristi Jones, Carrie Wilkins, Lisa Conti-Bacon, Chanika King, David Payne, Margaret Waldrep
Back row: Rob Stroud, McCullough Hodgson, Christopher Thomas, Anthony Pritchett, Christopher Anderson, Stuart Jackson, Kristy Walker, Maria Williamson
You may like these other stories...
Here's a CPA who truly walks the walk. On March 15, Frank Ryan, CPA, departed San Diego, California, with plans to be in Ocean City, Maryland, by July 2 to teach a course at the Maryland Association of CPAs’ (MACPA...
When Theodore J. Flynn first joined the Massachusetts Society of CPAs (MSCPA) in 1970, it was a different world and a different profession. The "Big Eight" were still headquartered in Boston. Vietnam War...
Accountant Rickey Charles Goodrich had it a little too good. Many bean counters would kill to serve as financial guru to the likes of Pearl Jam. Goodrich was hired in 2005, and the following year, he became the CFO of Curtis...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
In this session we'll discuss the types of technologies and their uses in a small accounting firm office.
Transfer your knowledge and experience to prepare your team for the challenges and opportunities of an accounting career.
This webcast will include discussions of commonly-applicable Clarified Auditing Standards for audits of non-public, non-governmental entities.
In this jam-packed presentation Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA will give you a crash-course in creating spreadsheet-based dashboards. A dashboard condenses large amounts of data into a compact space, yet enables the end user to easily drill down into details when warranted.