Becker CPE announces new Web-based CPE product
Becker Professional Review, a provider of professional education serving the accounting and finance professions, announced the launch of its new web-based CPE (Continuing Professional Education) program. Becker brings together over 50 years of experience in professional education from its leading CPA Exam review and in-house CPE products to offer a new level of online CPE learning.
Becker CPE will provides CPAs with the tools needed to stay on top of the converging international accounting standards, an ever-changing regulatory environment, and financial crises that characterize the current business landscape. It addresses the need for a CPE product that offers a high level of education and goes one step further to teach professionals how to apply concepts to real-life business situations.
With just an Internet connection Becker CPE is available anytime, anywhere. Becker CPE courses combine streaming video, expert instructors, interactive materials, and online Q&A to provide an engaging and rewarding learning experience.
Becker CPE delivery formats include:
- Webcasts that are broadcast on specific dates/times and offer the latest topics from Becker's knowledge experts complete with streaming video, audio, online Q&A with live instructors and more.
- On demand courses that are available 24/7 online and include engaging streaming video and audio instruction.
"Covering the industry's most critical issues, Becker CPE will offer quality continuing professional education that's relevant in today's marketplace along with an unparalleled level of service for our customers," said Tom Vucinic, president of Becker Professional Review. "Our products provide accounting and finance professionals with the real-life skills they need. With the continuing problem of financial misstatements and restatements in corporate America, high-quality CPE is needed now more than ever."
Priced at $175 per course, Becker online CPE launches with key topics that contain pertinent and timely material that can be applied to everyday business situations immediately. Example topics include:
- IFRS Comparison to GAAP
- Accountants' Responsibilities Regarding Fraud Today
- Strategic Management: The Tools to Compete in the Era of Rapid Change
- Capital Budgeting: The Tools to Enhance Shareholder Value
- Fair Value Measurements (SFAS 157)
- Preparing the Statement of Cash Flows in Accordance with SFAS 95
- The Risk Assessment Process: Implementing SAS 104-111 & SAB 108
- Revenue Recognition (SAB 104, EITF 00-21)
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Accounting for Deferred Income Taxes
"We are very excited to combine Becker's 50 years of experience as the leader in CPA Exam review with our new CPE product and continue to help accounting professionals further their careers and add value to their employers and clients," continued Vucinic. "We will continue to expand the number of subjects we cover, while increasing our catalog in key topic areas such as IFRS."
You can view the full course catalog and sample a demo.
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.