Deltek Expands Consulting Services, Offering Practice Management Solutions for Professional Services Organizations
McLean, Virginia - June 1, 2000 - NASDAQ:DLTK. Deltek today announced the expansion of its consulting services into specialized practice areas, delivering the practice management solutions professional services firms need to enhance financial, operational, project and employee performance. These services will help customers make the most of their investment in information technologies and human resources; incorporate best practices; and reengineer business processes.
Detailed information on the specific offerings of each practice area is now available at Deltek's practice management consulting solutions home page at solutions.deltek.com.
Deltek's President and CEO, Ken deLaski, points out "These practice areas are a natural extension of Deltek's achievements and customer relationships over the past 20 years. They strongly complement the company's vision for automating the entire professional services enterprise and build on the expertise we've gained in designing, developing, providing and implementing automation software solutions for over 5,000 professional services customers."
deLaski adds, "Firms will now be able to gain direct access to the real-world experience and industry expertise our solutions practice areas offer. Using these services in combination with the unmatched functionality of Deltek's professional services automation product family," deLaski concludes, "will enable our customers to gain the leading edge they need to achieve success in today's highly competitive business environment."
Deltek has consolidated its services offerings and categorized them by business function and industry type to begin offering consulting solutions in the following six practice areas, which are available to all organizations using Deltek software or third-party applications: Accounting & Finance; Business Intelligence; Human Resources & Payroll ; Government Contracting; Information Technologies; and Project Management.
Examples of Deltek practice management solutions consulting include:
· Recommending strategies for conducting e-project business and using project Web-sites for faster online collaboration and project communications
· Developing critical success factors for guiding successful project-based financial management
· Enhancing cost recognition and indirect cost allocation in project and financial accounting systems
· Improving cash flow by creating processes for reducing receivables and eliminating billing delays
· Delivering business intelligence reporting structures for making data readily available to project managers, accounting staff and senior executives
· Providing training to improve employee skills in using reporting tools for extracting critical data for decision-makers
· Facilitating the integration of new business acquisitions with existing business practices and technologies
· Automating day-to-day human resources, payroll and timekeeping processes
· Recommending strategies to government contractors for establishing good relationships with auditing and procurement agencies, and for complying with federal government contracting laws and regulations
· Providing, implementing and configuring software, hardware and turnkey systems, including hardware and/or third-party applications for Compaq®, Hewlett-Packard™, Citrix, Oracle®, Microsoft®, Cisco ®, Cubix® and Novell®
Deltek's Vice President of Implementation Services, Joe Jezior, emphasizes "The knowledge our consultants have gained over nearly two decades from perfecting our software solutions, integrating them into existing customer systems and partnering in their implementation makes our consultants virtually unmatched in their in-depth understanding of the inner workings and needs of professional services firms. In fact, many of our consultants have spent years playing key roles in services organizations, gaining top-to-bottom, hands-on expertise in the management, structure and operational workflow of the professional services enterprise."
About Deltek Systems, Inc.
Deltek® is a leading provider of business software and solutions to companies in professional services and project-based industries. The company's solutions encompass project and financial accounting, customer relationship management, time and expense reporting, proposal automation, project and resource management, human resources and payroll, business intelligence, and e-business for service firms. Deltek supports over 5,000 businesses worldwide with a dedicated staff of 700 professionals, each contributing unique knowledge and experience in all areas of professional services automation.
The company's integrated services offerings include premium-level customer support and software maintenance for all registered customers, implementation and practice management consulting, and classroom training. For more information, visit Deltek at www.deltek.com, or call 800/456-2009 in the U.S., and +44-07000-335835 in the U.K.
Deltek Media and Investor Relations Contacts:
K. Allen Farber, Press Officer
Deltek Systems, Inc.
8280 Greensboro Drive
McLean, VA 22102
Voice: 800/456-2009 x4544
Babette J. Aller, Investor Relations Manager
Voice: 800/456-2009, x4444