Video News Update for Week of January 9, 2012
by AccountingWEB on
AccountingWEB's Weekly News Update for the week of January 9, 2012 is available in video format!
For more information, see these articles:
- IRS Kicks Off 2012 Tax Season with Deadline Extended to April 17
- FASB Is Viewing Private Company Standards through a Different Lens
- Eide Bailly and Wipfli Accounting Firms Announce Plans to Merge
- New York Tax Preparer Pleads Guilty to Filing Fictitious Tax Returns
- Pride of the Yankees? Hal Steinbrenner Sued by the IRS
- Accountants Just Want to Have Fun... on the Subway and Streets of New York
You may like these other stories...
By Cathy Stopyra and Todd SimmensUnderpayment interest, refund interest, and penalties charged to businesses are just a few of the considerations the IRS calculates when determining taxation for a given company. Though...
FASB mulling a revamped income statementDavid M. Katz of CFO wrote on Tuesday that the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) is in the early stages of researching whether to launch a project aimed at improving and...
Renaissance avoided more than $6 billion tax, report saysThe Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations said on Monday that a Renaissance Technologies LLC hedge fund’s investors probably avoided more than $6...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
In this session Excel expert David Ringstrom helps beginners get up to speed in Microsoft Excel. However, even experienced Excel users will learn some new tricks, particularly when David discusses under-utilized aspects of Excel.
FRF for SMEs Series--Measurement and Disclosure Principles for various Consolidations and Business Combinations, Part 4B
This webcast will focus on accounting and disclosure policies for various types of consolidations and business combinations.