SBA Partnership Offers Free Risk Management Tools to Business Owners
Small business owners can now take advantage of free risk management tools, available on the Web, thanks to a new partnership between The Hartford Financial Services Group and the Small Business Administration.
The co-sponsorship of the educational materials and online interactive tools in intended to bring to the small business owner many of the tools previously available only to larger businesses.
Resources are available on both the SBA's Small Business Classroom Web site www.sba.gov/classroom and The Hartford's Small Business Insurance Center at www.sb.thehartford.com/sbaresources, and include:
- A business insurance primer
- Audio tapes with practical tips for small business owners about how to maximize profits by minimizing everyday risks
- Printed materials to help small businesses manage their risks quickly and effectively
- Online courses in varied topics including Understanding Business Owners Insurance, Commercial Auto and Workers Insurance, and Compensation Insurance
- Ask The Expert advice through The Hartford
"Each year, a large number of small businesses experience first hand the devastation that a disaster causes," said SBA Administrator Hector V. Barreto. "It is a top priority for the SBA to provide America's small business owners tools and information on business preparedness and protection. We are pleased to work with The Hartford to offer risk management expertise and educational tools to help small businesses protect themselves against the unexpected."