How to run a business successfully
by AccountingWeb on
Expert commentary, rules and regulations, tips, and general information for starting, running, and growing a business.
- Choosing a business structure
- Starting your own business in 30 days
- Thinking about a home office?
- Tax reminders for businesses with home offices
- IRS publishes fact sheet on for-profit hobby deduction rules
- New IRS analysis shows only half of Schedule C income is reported
- Has the IRS overreached in audits of small businesses?
- SBA offers free online training course in franchising
- IRS launches campaign to help new small businesses
- IRS shifting audit focus to small corporations from largest corporations
- Home office deduction makes Top Ten list for government reform
- Tax pitfalls you could face as a small business owner
- New employer ID numbers now available instantly online
- Issues spouse-owned businesses should consider
- 5 Start-up mistakes entrepreneurs should avoid
- Hiring essentials: Conducting background checks
- Effective rules for successful mentoring
- Marketing core services and niche practices after Sarbanes-Oxley
- The risks in hiring new employees
- Is the perfect employee really out there?
- Measuring employee engagement
- 10 steps to maximizing ROI in employee pay
- Setting up payroll in a small business
- Offering benefits reduces employee turnover in small businesses
- Top five hiring mistakes small businesses make
- 7 Reasons why managers find it difficult to throw out bad apples
Sales and Marketing
- Staying top of mind (without being a pain in the neck)
- Is it time for your company to add a sales team?
- Ramp up your brand - sledgehammers and service brand preference
- Creating customer loyalty: Keep them coming back
- New book offers tips to help small retailers compete
- Giving your business clients things they need
- Entrepreneurial positive thinking: Six ways to give yourself the greatest chance for success
- Using online press releases to get prospects
- Allen Boress: How to measure your firm's marketing performance
- Business intelligence on the rise among small businesses
- E-mail newsletters grow in popularity & help small businesses gain visibility
- How to increase your online visibility using Work.com
- Why Intuit helps you with more than just your books
- Disaster recovery, backup, and restore: Big challenges for small businesses
- Lean & not mean: Simple management most effective
- Tips on how to conduct an effective meeting
- Growing your small business with project management
- 12 tips to help small retailers thrive in a recession
Keeping the Books
- Reducing float for fun and profit
- Budgeting trends help SMBs and SMEs thwart headaches
- Eight cash flow secrets of entrepreneurs
- For small businesses, cash flow is king
- Record keeping for small businesses
Retirement and Succession
- Solo 401(k) plans - great benefit for the sole proprietor
- Succession planning for solo business owners
You may like these other stories...
Credit Suisse says pension assets at risk unless court delays sentencingJohn Letzing of the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday that Credit Suisse Group AG says its management of billions of dollars in assets for...
The prospect of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) being fully adopted in the United States in the near future are growing less likely, as the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the International...
House proposes $10.5B, eight-month highway billThe House Ways and Means Committee proposed a transportation funding bill on Tuesday that calls for a temporary extension of current transportation funding levels until May 31,...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
Hand off work to others with finesse and success. Kristen Rampe, CPA will share how to ensure delegated work is properly handled from start to finish in this content-rich one hour webinar.
FRF for SMEs Series--Statement of Cash Flows, Subsequent Events, Related Party Issues, Accounting for Investments including Consolidations, Part 4A
This webcast will cover the preparation of the statement of cash flows and focus on accounting and disclosure policies for other important issues described below.
We can’t deny a great divide exists between the expectations and workplace needs of Baby Boomers and Millennials. To create thriving organizational performance, we need to shift the way in which we groom future leaders.
In this presentation Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA revisits the Excel feature you should be using, but probably aren't. The Table feature offers the ability to both boost the integrity of your spreadsheets, but reduce maintenance as well.