CCH Issues Small Business Retirement Plan Guidance
During the last week of December, CCH, a Wolters Kluwer company and leading provider of tax, pension and human resource information and software, introduced Retirement Plans for Individuals and Small Business. This new resource was developed to help professionals advise their clients on choosing the right retirement vehicle, setting up and maintaining the plan and complying with relevant laws and regulations.
“Retirement Plans for Individuals and Small Business is useful for both the novice and seasoned professional to help cut through the numerous options and related complexities to get the right retirement arrangement for their client,” CCH Product Manager Brian Hodge says in a prepared statement.
The new book, written by CCH pension law experts Nicholas Kaster, JD and Glenn Sulzer, JD, provides readers with the full test of relevant provisions of the Internal Revenue Code, Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations, rulings and official forms, as well as trusted analysis, practical examples and planning pointers. Retirement Plans for Individuals and Small Businesses deals with Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs) in detail including:
- Rules for establishing, contributing to and taking distributions from both Roth and traditional IRAs;
- Consequences of converting a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA;
- Interaction pf IRAs with other types of plans;
- Concise explanation of the rules for establishing and maintaining SIMPLE IRAs and Simplified Employee pensions (SEPs);
- Two types of employer-sponsored plans that utilize the IRA vehicle to funds benefits;
- Outline of the special requirements for SIMPLE 401(k) plans;
- Overview of qualified plans available to individuals and small businesses, including one-person 401(k), that explains the tax benefits, complexity and administrative costs;
- Advice on making the right choice of plan and avoiding pitfalls in setting up and maintaining plans.
“When selecting a retirement vehicle, individuals and small businesses are faced with a wide range of choices and a good deal of complexity,” Hodge notes.
Retirement Plans For Individuals and Small Business can be ordered through the CCH Online Store or by calling 800-248-3248. The price is $99.25.
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.