Andersen and CFO Magazine Honor top Financial Officers
by AccountingWeb on
According to the magazine, those honored 'has broken through the traditional boundaries of finance, creating value in innovative ways, and delivering it on a consistent basis.'
Winners and their categories include:
- Larry Kellner of Continental Airlines for Information/Knowledge Management;
- Larry Carter of Cisco Systems Inc. for Implementing Best Practices in Finance;
- Richard Kelson of Alcoa for Performance Measurement and Planning Process/Resource Allocation;
- Jeffrey O. Henley of Oracle Corp. for Managing External Stakeholders;
- Paul J. Liska of The St. Paul Cos. for Cost Optimization;
- Joseph Martin of Fairchild Semiconductor International for Turnaround Management;
- Kim Patmore of First Data Corp. for Training/Building a Finance Team;
- Steven Shindler of Nextel Communications Inc. for Capital Structure Management;
- Mark Swartz of Tyco International Ltd. for Mergers & Acquisitions; and
- David Willey of Capital One for Risk Management.
You may like these other stories...
Tax accounting to be simplified for money-market fundsThe US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) voted 3-2 on Wednesday for sweeping changes to institutional money-market funds, Emily Chasan, senior editor of...
Read more from Larry Perry here and in the Today's World of Audits archive.AU-C Section 800, Special Considerations—Audits of Financial Statements Prepared in Accordance With Special Purpose Frameworks, paragraph ....
FASB mulling a revamped income statementDavid M. Katz of CFO wrote on Tuesday that the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) is in the early stages of researching whether to launch a project aimed at improving and...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
In this session Excel expert David Ringstrom helps beginners get up to speed in Microsoft Excel. However, even experienced Excel users will learn some new tricks, particularly when David discusses under-utilized aspects of Excel.
FRF for SMEs Series--Measurement and Disclosure Principles for various Consolidations and Business Combinations, Part 4B
This webcast will focus on accounting and disclosure policies for various types of consolidations and business combinations.
In this session we'll review best practices for how to generate interest in your firm’s services.