Andersen and CFO Magazine Honor top Financial Officers
by AccountingWeb on
According to the magazine, those honored 'has broken through the traditional boundaries of finance, creating value in innovative ways, and delivering it on a consistent basis.'
Winners and their categories include:
- Larry Kellner of Continental Airlines for Information/Knowledge Management;
- Larry Carter of Cisco Systems Inc. for Implementing Best Practices in Finance;
- Richard Kelson of Alcoa for Performance Measurement and Planning Process/Resource Allocation;
- Jeffrey O. Henley of Oracle Corp. for Managing External Stakeholders;
- Paul J. Liska of The St. Paul Cos. for Cost Optimization;
- Joseph Martin of Fairchild Semiconductor International for Turnaround Management;
- Kim Patmore of First Data Corp. for Training/Building a Finance Team;
- Steven Shindler of Nextel Communications Inc. for Capital Structure Management;
- Mark Swartz of Tyco International Ltd. for Mergers & Acquisitions; and
- David Willey of Capital One for Risk Management.
You may like these other stories...
Majority of House of Representatives urges leadership to preserve cash method of accounting for tax purposesA bipartisan majority of the House of Representatives – 233 members – has signed a letter urging House...
Munger defends Buffett’s dealCharles Munger defended recent decisions by his business partner, Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Chairman Warren Buffett, and predicted that Berkshire would grow robustly, Jason Zweig of the Wall...
Tax friendly trusts swell under new rulesUS companies are latching onto an obscure real estate provision to avoid corporate taxes, widely adopting a financial maneuver that has been expanded under the Obama administration,...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
In this course, Amber Setter will shine the light on different types of leadership behavior- an integral part of everyone's career.
In this jam-packed presentation Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA will give you a crash-course in creating spreadsheet-based dashboards. A dashboard condenses large amounts of data into a compact space, yet enables the end user to easily drill down into details when warranted.
This webcast will include discussions of important issues in SSARS No. 19 and the current status of proposed changes by the Accounting and Review Services Committee in these statements.
Amber Setter will show the value of leadership assessments as tools for individual and organizational leadership development initiatives.