Andersen and CFO Magazine Honor top Financial Officers
by AccountingWeb on
According to the magazine, those honored 'has broken through the traditional boundaries of finance, creating value in innovative ways, and delivering it on a consistent basis.'
Winners and their categories include:
- Larry Kellner of Continental Airlines for Information/Knowledge Management;
- Larry Carter of Cisco Systems Inc. for Implementing Best Practices in Finance;
- Richard Kelson of Alcoa for Performance Measurement and Planning Process/Resource Allocation;
- Jeffrey O. Henley of Oracle Corp. for Managing External Stakeholders;
- Paul J. Liska of The St. Paul Cos. for Cost Optimization;
- Joseph Martin of Fairchild Semiconductor International for Turnaround Management;
- Kim Patmore of First Data Corp. for Training/Building a Finance Team;
- Steven Shindler of Nextel Communications Inc. for Capital Structure Management;
- Mark Swartz of Tyco International Ltd. for Mergers & Acquisitions; and
- David Willey of Capital One for Risk Management.
You may like these other stories...
Inversions: Loophole Is the ProblemJacob J. Lew, the U.S. Treasury Secretary, published an opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal that "the system has become full of inefficiencies and special-interest loopholes. That...
School tax breaks get House support as Democrats objectRichard Rubin of Bloomberg reported that the House of Representatives on Thursday voted to expand and simplify tax breaks for education as Republicans continue to pass...
The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) has relaunched its technical agenda web page, which Chairman Russell Golden said will inform visitors at a glance on where any given FASB project stands, the steps it took to...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
In this session Excel expert David Ringstrom helps beginners get up to speed in Microsoft Excel. However, even experienced Excel users will learn some new tricks, particularly when David discusses under-utilized aspects of Excel.
FRF for SMEs Series--Measurement and Disclosure Principles for various Consolidations and Business Combinations, Part 4B
This webcast will focus on accounting and disclosure policies for various types of consolidations and business combinations.
In this session we'll review best practices for how to generate interest in your firm’s services.
Meet budgets and client expectations using project management skills geared toward the unique challenges faced by CPAs. Kristen Rampe will share how knowing the keys to structuring and executing a successful project can make the difference between success and repeated failures.