AccountingWEB Weekly Resource Guide - Issue 59
- Study Shows Boomers Are Unprepared For Secure Retirement
- Free E-File Service Will Benefit 60% of Taxpayers
- Defining & Targeting a Campus Recruiting Program For Your Firm
- National Fraud Awareness Week Starts August 4, 2002
- Free Report - COBRA Notification & Record Keeping Traps
- Four Ways Companies Combat Accounting Scandals
- Accounting Policy Templates From PolicySoft
- Book Recommendation: Aligning The Stars
Premium Subscription Service - If you wish to enroll in this Premium Service for just $49.00/year just complete the order form today.
- Fraud 101: Small Business At Risk
- Tips on How to Protect Your Identity
- The Niceties of Negotiating
- 20 Ways to Detect Fraud
- Assign a Macro to a Button on Your Excel Toolbar
A recent survey released by the American Academy of Actuaries and the Society of Actuaries shows that many Americans are unprepared for a secure retirement. Find out more about the survey and what was uncovered.
The federal government has unveiled a plan whereby as many as 60 percent of taxpayers will be able to file their tax returns electronically for free next spring.
ACCPAC offers great value to the professional accountant
community with solutions designed to enhance client retention, improve client acquisition and increase billable services. Assess your clients' financial health and enhance your own with the ACCPAC Business Analysis Suite (BAS) - a full set of financial analysis tools. Tap the power of ACCPAC Online Professional Accountant Subscription Services (PASS) and deliver your brand and value-added services to your clients' desktop - every day.
Campus recruiting can be a challenging, exciting, stressful, fun and rewarding experience. Firms of all sizes can - and do - benefit from campus recruiting efforts which can often result in the Grand Prize - quality professional staff - and many additional prizes, if approached properly.
The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners is co-sponsoring the third annual National Fraud Awareness Week to be held from August 4 - 10, 2002.
While the myriad COBRA rules and regulations cover everything from who can receive coverage, to what it costs and more, the roadmap towards compliance has other twists and turns. Download this free report today.
Learn how top executives of publicly held companies view the prevalence of accounting scandals and what steps they take to combat the scandals.
Your organization will experience an unprecedented level of ease and efficiency when you systematize the processes throughout your organization. AccountingWEB is pleased to bring you tools that can help systematize the accounting department of a small company, corporate business or a public accounting firm. Over 200 accounting department policy templates, written in Microsoft Word format by PolicySoft, are available individually or in groups for immediate download. Visit the PolicySoft MarketPlace today for more information, and a FREE DOWNLOAD.
8. Book Recommendation: Aligning The Stars, by, Jay W. Lorsch and Thomas J. Tierney
Aligning the Stars argues that strategic success is achieved by building an organization of executive-level stars whose day-to-day performance reinforces and ultimately achieves the goals of the business. Outstanding firms align stars across business lines, geographies, and even generations. All partners in professional firms will recognize themselves and their firms in Aligning the Stars. For CEOs, especially those of us who are new to the position, the practical experience and wisdom here provide guidance and comfort. The central theme-that firm practices and structures must fit both the needs of the business and the needs of the individuals who make it succeed-is fundamental to understanding the delicate balance involved in leading talented, independent professionals. The book is a must-read for every professional. Order your copy today!
To subscribe to the AccountingWEB Premium Subscription Service, click here now.
Business fraud and abuse costs have reached $400 billion dollars a year. That equates to $9.00 per employee, per day. Pretty incredible isn't it! It appears that the work force today has become Ethically Challenged. Who's the most at risk? The answer, small businesses.
Be aware! Be cautious! Be smart! Don't let someone try to
become you! Here are some helpful ideas to consider.
Negotiating seems to bring out the best and the worst in people. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions and answers.
Here is a list of items to help you detect fraud in your company or a client's company.
If you've created a macro that you plan to use frequently, you can save time by making a button for that macro and adding the button to your Excel toolbar.
Here is a sample of the questions that have been posted over the past week. Check out the questions below and see if you can lend a hand or visit the Q&A Forum "Member Questions" Page for the most recent questions/answers posted by our subscribers.
1. Do Shares to Spouse Equate to a Settlement? My partner and I are commencing a new company. We want to involve our respective spouses, but I am led to believe that there is a potential problem with gifting non-voting shares to them. Something about it being tantamount to it being a settlement and therefore any dividend income paid to them would be attributed to us.
2. What's the best way to file payroll information? Any changes of any kind went to Human Resources first and they forwarded the changes to payroll and kept only wage increases and reviews in the personnel file. We are not sure if this is the best way to handle it, but really think everything should not be in the personnel file either. What is the most common practice?
When the economy is at the bottom there is no better time to advertise and build your brand. It is better to stand out now rather than wait for good times when everyone is fighting for the same audience. It takes some guts, but with the signs pointing toward an upturn, now is the time to take advantage of this opportunity.
AccountingWEB has a variety of promotional opportunities
available for you to market your company, services and products to our targeted audience of accounting professionals. Contact us today for more information.
You've received this Resource Guide free of charge from
AccountingWEB. We would like to thank our sponsors. Their
ongoing support keeps this service free to the AccountingWEB subscribers. Visit them and show your support!
Update your subscription information by visiting the Profile Page and selecting the "My Services" tab.
Subscribe to the AccountingWEB Premium Subscription Service