AccountingWEB Weekly Resource Guide - Issue 58
1. S&P Lists Top 10 Companies With Most 'Inflated Profits'
2. Ten Hottest Jobs For The Next Ten Years
3. New Ranking - Best Cities to Do Business, Advance a Career
4. Ten Amazing Statistics on The Changing World of Work
5. Five Steps to Reduce Company Health Insurance Costs
6. 2002 Accountants Salary Guide
1. Ten E-Mail Courtesy Tips For Businesses
2. Employee Terminations: Negotiating The Minefield
3. Making The Most of Client Meetings
4. Lack of Information Frustrates Employees
5. Ideas to Improve The Quality of Your Firm
6. Ten Quick Internet Tips to Save You Time
Premium Subscription Service - you can enroll in this Premium Service for just $49/year.
Using its new standards for measuring profitability, Standard & Poor's (S&P) ranked companies in order of highest to lowest gaps between their reported earnings and core earnings for 2001.
On the occasion of its 10th anniversary, SmartMoney Magazine has compiled a list of the "Ten Hottest Jobs" for the next decade. Not all are high paying, but all will be in great demand in the coming years.
The votes are in and the list is complete. Forbes Magazine and Milken Institute have joined forces to offer their third annual Best Places Ranking, highlighting the top 200 U.S. cities in which to do business or advance a career.
Current economic times are leading to a variety of challenges for employers. From the shrinking labor force, to retention, to the "free agent" mentality, the world of work is changing fast and furiously. Here is a list of the ten amazing statistics on the changing world of work.
With healthcare costs again creeping toward double-digit levels and business profits still lagging, top corporate managers must take a personal and pro-active role in addressing those factors that drive up medical insurance costs. That is an assessment by leading companies and consultants who work with corporations to manage
their healthcare costs.
Robert Half and Accountemps have released the 2002 Salary
Guide, designed to provide comprehensive data on average
starting salaries for accounting and finance professionals.
To subscribe to the AccountingWEB Premium Subscription Service, go to Premium Subscription form.
Many businesses who've established themselves on the Internet haven’t the faintest idea of how to address one of the most important issues online, customer service. Here are 10 tips to get you started.
The vast majority of unlawful discharge cases that former employees win are not based on direct evidence but rather on "indirect" or circumstantial evidence. The angry supervisor who makes a racist remark while firing an employee is an easy case to prove. But most supervisors know not to make such a statement.
Like a good business letter or report, a client sales meeting has three basic parts: introduction, body, and closing. In addition, it provides an opportunity for questions and answers.
One out of every two employees feels that they do not receive the information they need to do their job well. As a result, employees feel frustrated and the quality of the organization's products and services suffer.
Here are some helpful ideas that you can implement within your firm to help keep your staff motivated and satisfied.
Here are some great tips to help you save time when you're online. These tips are for users of the Microsoft Explorer browser.
AccountingWEB is pleased to provide all of its members with our proprietary turnkey Client Newsletter Content package containing valuable, relevant and timely information. Premium Subscribers receive one month free. Get the August issue today. Offer expires July 31, 2002.
Here is a sample of the questions that have been posted over the past week. Check out the questions below and see if you can lend a hand or visit the Q&A Forum "Member Questions" Page for the most recent questions/answers posted by our subscribers.
1. I am helping a client who is looking at buying new software and hardware that will affect the parent company and its subsidaries. The dollar amount is around $500K. Currently I am looking over the sales, customer base, amount of support staff, years in business, etc. Is it worth the time and money to pursue further a more detailed financial analysis of the companies involved? The economy today can change the status of stability of a company in a short period of time so is it worth the additional research and cost?
2. Does anyone have a formal Position Description for a Managing Partner? If so, I would appreciate your sending me a copy.
Search our Directory for some of the most sought after consultants in the U.S. You will get contact details such as, name, phone number, e-mail address and in some cases, a detailed description of the consultants' services is provided.
We want to hear from you! The topics highlighted are ones that represent some of the current issues across a wide spectrum of the accounting profession. Click on any of the topics and SpeakOUT!
When the economy is at the bottom there is no better time to advertise and build your brand. It is better to stand out now rather than wait for good times when everyone is fighting for the same audience. It takes some guts, but with the signs pointing toward an upturn, now is the time to take advantage of this opportunity.
AccountingWEB has a variety of promotional opportunities
available for you to market your company, services and products to our targeted audience of accounting professionals. Contact us today for more information.
Update your subscription information by visiting the Profile Page and selecting the "My Services" tab.