AccountingWEB Weekly Resource Guide - Issue 44
- Five Tips to Strengthen Your Reputation
- An Hour With David Maister and Patrick McKenna
- Your Firm Can Do Everything Right And Still Get Sued!
- Your Sales Prescription: The 'I Hate Selling' Action Plan
- Free Business Success Kit From Oracle E-Business
- Collaborative Budgeting - Free CFO Tour From FRx Forecaster
- Do You Need a Firewall on Your Home PC?
- KPMG and PwC Songs Top the Web's Music Charts
- Lessons Learned From Ten Most Common Frauds
- Survey - The Impact of Enron: How Far Will It Go?
- Book Recommendation: The E-Myth Manager: Why Management Doesn't
Work-and What To Do About It, by Michael E. Gerber
- From the Archives: Effective Employee Incentive Programs
- U.S. Master Pension Guide: Source of Retirement Plan Rules
- Congratulations Tax Preparers - April 15 - A Lighthearted Look at an Infamous Date
In a profession suddenly surrounded by bad press, work on safeguarding your own professional image.
AccountingWEB is delighted to bring to our members the opportunity to spend an hour in discussions with world renowned practice management experts David Maister and Patrick McKenna in an AccountingWEB exclusive teleconference on Thursday May 2, 2002. Find out more today.
Statistics show that virtually every firm will be involved in a liability claim at some point. The time to adopt loss prevention techniques and enhance your quality control policies is now! Minimize your risk with PPC's Guides: Guide to Accountants' Legal Liability and Risk Management, Guide to Quality Control, Guide to Fraud Investigations, and Guide to Internal Control and Fraud Prevention. Order any two Guides and save 15%! Get more information today or to order, call (800) 323-8724, option 6, or e-mail email@example.com and mention code AW0402.
Even with your busy schedule, you must create the time to sell new business by meeting clients, prospective clients, and referral sources for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Manage by fact, not fantasy with Daily Business Close. Most businesses today only get quarterly information. Imagine knowing daily sales, leads and inventory positions, as well as expense and headcount metrics? You get them with Daily Business Close – available only with Oracle E-Business Suite. To see for yourself, click here for a FREE Business Success Kit.
Are you or your client in need of a budgeting solution that is intuitive and easy to use? Armed with an ebudget, use the Web to join forces with managers around the world or in the next office. FRx Forecaster provides CFOs, controllers and financial analysts with the dynamic control they need over budgeting and planning in today's e-business. Secure, flexible, easy to use and cost effective. Learn more today by taking our free CFO Tour.
Browse through our Vendors Directory to find information on companies supplying products, marketing services, training, CPE, coaching and other services to the accounting and professional services area.
"On any time" Internet access, the standard with a cable modem or DSL line, is terrifically convenient for consumers, but is the digital equivalent of leaving your car running with the keys inside and the doors unlocked.
Songs about accounting firms placed among the five most popular hits in this week's ratings by ZDNet, a content provider owned by CNet.
In the April 2002 issue of Journal of Accountancy, Joseph Wells, chairman of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE), reviews the results of a survey by CFE and discusses the implications for CPAs.
AccountingWEB requests your input! AccountingWEB, in conjunction with Sommella Market Strategies is conducting a national survey to find out just what you and the profession are saying about the ever-changing environment of accounting today.
11. Book Recommendation: The E-Myth Manager: Why Management Doesn't Work-and What To Do About It, by Michael E. Gerber
This book effectively deals with the real issues of management – people, and their unsuitability to be part of a mere prescribed and mechanical process. It needs to be read at least three times and then to be re-enforced through a one to one (preferably) session with an experienced practitioner in order that implementation is effective. This publication should be mandatory reading for all those "managers" in the public and voluntary sector when they read it they will understand why.
12. From the Archives: Effective Employee Incentive Programs: Bring Out the Best in Your Firm
Ask employees what would motivate them to market your firm’s services. Not surprisingly, the top two answers were "incentive compensation" and "recognition" for their efforts.
13. U.S. Master Pension Guide: Concise, Single Source of Retirement Plan Rules – PressZONE Member Product
The 2002 edition of the Guide has been updated to reflect all pertinent regulations issued during the last year, as well as the sweeping changes mandated by the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001.
For the last 47 years, April 15 has been associated with the "dreaded day," the day individual income taxes are due in the U.S. We thought it might be fun to take a look back at history and see what other events have been associated with April 15.
- Controller, Seattle, WA
- Staff Accountant, Eden Prairie, MN
- Director of Financial Reporting (SEC), Houston, TX
- Senior Accountant, Bothell, WA
- Global Consolidations Analyst, Charlotte, NC
- The Most Effective Marketing You Can Do This Year
- Three Ways to Grow Your Practice in 2002
- Keep Your Business Growing-Get Ideas From Your Staff
- Constant Marketing is Key to a Healthy Business
- Marketing Tip - An Opportunity You Can’t Afford to Miss!
- Stop Looking – Start Listening for Your Next Selling Opportunity
Here is a sample of the questions that have been posted over the past week. Check out the questions below and see if you can lend a hand or visit the Q&A Forum Page for the most recent questions/answers posted by our members.
- Excel Question. I copied a file, which had links to another workbook. For security purposes, I deleted all of these links. When I open the file, I continue to get the message asking if I would like to update this workbook with changes made to the other workbook. Is there any way to get rid of this message? Is there anyway to pinpoint exactly where the links are located in the workbook, if any? http://www.accountingweb.com/item/77631
- IS and Cash Flow Statements: If I need to consolidate the income and cash flow statements of a US parent with two Chinese subsidiaries ( 1 wholly owned and 1 51% controlled) what percentages of the 51% controlled subsidiary do I consolidate into each line item of these consolidated statements? http://www.accountingweb.com/item/77523
- I recently attended an AICPA Staff Training seminar. In that class many people said that instead of saying "generally accepted auditing standards" they were now saying "auditing standards generally accepted in the United States". Does anyone out there know what the source behind the change is. I would like to know when this change took place. http://www.accountingweb.com/item/77769
We would like to thank PPC, Oracle E-Business and FrxSoftware for making this AccountingWEB Resource Guide possible.
You've received this Resource Guide free of charge from AccountingWEB. We would like to thank our sponsors. Their ongoing support keeps this service free to the AccountingWEB membership. Visit them and show your support!
Update your membership information by visiting the Profile Page and selecting the "My Services" tab.
All rights reserved.
"To inform, to enrich, to enlighten, to entertain."