Lots of free goodies available during National Small Business Week
by AccountingWEB on
May 16-20 has been designated as National Small Business Week. To help acknowledge the week, several companies and federal agencies have produce booklets, materials, and other tools that are helpful to small businesses. Here's a sampling of some free information, Webinars, ebooks, and other tools that are available this week.
- To help business leaders position their firms for success in a stronger economy, Robert Half has published a new resource, 20 Ideas for Small Businesses and Pitfalls to Avoid. Part of The Robert Half Small Business Series, the guide is designed to provide small business owners with advice for recruiting, retaining, and motivating their teams, and improving their companies’ productivity and profitability
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has launched a new Website to help small businesses plug a security gap that, according to FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski, costs them billions annually. The new Web site, "Cyber Security for Small Businesses," is one of several new FCC initiatives designed to help small businesses protect against cyberattacks.
- Money Management International, a nonprofit credit counseling agency, has released a free ebook, The Entrepreneur's Guide to Personal Finance, which is designed to help small business owners better manage personal finances. The ebook offers information on determining if a small business is right for you, learning how to turn your ideas into a business plan, understanding the difference between personal credit and business credit, finding ways to fund a small business, and information on self-employment taxes.
- Throughout May, credit company Experian is offering small-business owners the opportunity to download a free ebook entitled Business Credit: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You, which discusses the fundamentals of business credit and provides tips on managing a healthy business credit profile. Small-business owners also can view their company's business credit report for free at SmartBusinessReports.com/SmallBusinessWeek during National Small Business Week (May 16–20).
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) wants to remind those who are self-employed or own a small business to take advantage of certain tax benefits and learn about IRS resources that can help them meet their federal tax obligations. The IRS's Small Business Tax Center has links to many tools that small business operators might find helpful, including the Virtual Small Business Tax Workshop, a downloadable tax calendar, common forms and their instructions and help on many topics such as how to get an Employer Identification Number (EIN) online or how to engage with the IRS in the event of an audit.
Wait, there's more!
There's always more at AccountingWEB. We're an active community of financial professionals and journalists who strive to bring you valuable content every day. If you'd like, let us know your interests and we'll send you a few articles every week either in taxation, practice excellence, or just our most popular stories from that week. It's free to sign up and to be a part of our community.
Premium content is currently locked
2 weeks 3 hours ago by mucar1990