Some key points that were covered:
- Understanding the difference between transaction sales and complex sales
- When to use a boilerplate proposal and when to develop a strategic proposal
- Connecting the consultative sales process with the proposal development process
- The five sections of a preferred proposal structure
- Using proposal models and sales tools
According to Bob, the key to an effective winning proposal system is in the implementation. Here are the implementation steps to ensure that the process will work:
- Evaluate current sales and proposal processes and activities
- Implement a consultative sales process, if needed
- Develop proposal process tools:
- Integrate and test the integrated processes using the tools
- Train the sales force to use the integrated processes and tools
- Measure results - Proposal Close Ratio
- Periodically reevaluate and enhance processes and tools
Be sure to check out the transcripts of the session for complete details on all of the above!
SalesProposals.com also has some great resources on its website. A sampling:
- Design Tips
- A Reference Library
- Sales Proposal Architect Software to help you create winning proposals
- And a free Proposal Evaluation Diagnostic allowing you to rate your proposals on 25 different criteria.
Be sure to spend some time reviewing the wealth of resources available on this site. Our thanks again to Bob Kantin for presenting the workshop and making these resources available to AccountingWEB members.