The tax preparation software world just got a little smaller, as CCH Small Firm Services (SFS) has purchased Intellitax. All renewing Intellitax users will be transitioned to TaxWise at no additional cost for the 2009 tax season. While IntelliTax had about 4,000 users, TaxWise and ATX have over 45,000 users. SFS stands ready to help all Intellitax users migrate by immediately providing a free copy of the 2007 version of the software, as well as the 2008 program when available. All Intellitax users will receive free telephone based orientation and conversion assistance, as well as the following benefits:
- Access to more state and federal forms
- Business forms — including electronic filing for Forms 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1041, 706, 709, 990 and 5500.
- Spanish-language support for over 50 tax forms, as well as Spanish-language help files, customer service, and technical support.
- Free marketing kits in English and Spanish that include TV and radio commercials, newspaper ad templates, postcards, and other resources.
- English- and Spanish-based training opportunities that include CPE credit.
- Two streaming video programs, TaxWise TV and Good Morning TaxWise, that keep you up to date on the latest changes from the IRS, our industry, and your new tax software.
- Built-in EIN and ZIP code databases that streamline data entry.
- The ability to automatically transfer K1 data from a business return to the underlying personal returns.
TaxWise ProFiling costs $1,084, and is one component within a full suite of integrated products that can help you run your practice more effectively:
- TaxWise Client Write-Up – This comprehensive write-up system enables you to manage your clients’ general ledger, trial balance, after-the-fact payroll, A/P, A/R, and financial statements. Enter data directly, or import from QuickBooks or Peachtree. ($420)
- TaxWise Payroll – This payroll module can operate separately, or integrate with Client Write-Up. Process payroll via MICR printing or direct deposit, and file forms 940 and 941 electronically. Print Forms W-2 and W-3, or file on magnetic media. ($515)
- TaxWise Document Manager – This electronic document organizer enables you to store supporting documents and archive completed tax returns. ($305)
- TaxWise Fixed Asset Manager – This add-on streamlines depreciation tracking for an unlimited number of assets. ($295)
- TaxWise Scan&Fill with Document Manager – Never key another W-2 or 1099 again! This innovative program automatically organizes documents for you into client folders. You can then review and export the scanned data directly into your client’s tax return. ($715)
Note that your initial purchase of some of the add-on products may require an $89 training class. Visit www.taxwise.com for more details, call (866) 345-4171, or send e-mail to [email protected]. Existing Intellitax users can call a special transition hotline at 800-316-2710. You can test drive the software without downloads or installation.