The tax and accounting business of Thomson Reuters has announced the introduction of Agile Tax, a new production-grade tax software designed exclusively for the Cloud.
Scott Fleszar, vice president of strategic marketing at Thomson Reuters Tax and Accounting, described this product as being designed for the professional tax preparer market - the "storefront" tax practice. The Cloud component means that the product allows practitioners to work from anywhere. Rather than paying by the number of tax returns prepared, tax practitioners will purchase a seat license.
- A Cloud-based platform that allows for anytime-anywhere access, automatic updates and backups, assured business continuance, and a smaller IT investment.
- A scalable subscription-payment model, with no up-front or renewal fees. This allows firms to simply pay a low monthly fee and add or remove staff as needed at any time during the year.
- Extensive paperless capabilities, including web-based client organizers and secure online portals for delivery of completed tax returns and easy exchange of files in progress.
- Rapid Corporate Adoption Curve Proclaims "Cloud Is Now"
- Working in the Cloud: Talk to Your Clients about Cloud Computing