Following the launch last week of Microsoft Office Accounting 2008, the company has set its sights on the accounting profession.
Membership in the Microsoft Professional Accountants' Network (MPAN) is available for free to anyone in the accounting professional and provides accountants with some valuable incentives to start using and recommending the accounting software:
- One complimentary license of Microsoft Office Accounting Professional
- Free unlimited support until September 2009, which will help firms come to grips with the new software
- Free business-critical support
- Free CPE training
- Free online directory listing for your firm
- Opportunity for certification in Microsoft Accounting
- Free enrollment in the Microsoft Partner Program, enabling you to access sales and marketing tools, additional training, and networking opportunities.
Microsoft plans to provide a register of certified MPAN members accessible from within the accounting software which will provide each customer who registers Office Accounting with contact information for up to five local accounting professionals. "We pick the top five professional accounting network members that we think would be a good fit for that end user, prioritized based on training, certification, and proximity," said Robert Lewis, senior marketing manager in Microsoft's business division.