KPMG Consulting has warned businesses to steer clear of the seven deadly 'e-sins' that could cripple their online operations.
E-business partner Paul Baker says that the path to 'e-virtue' lies in avoiding the following:
- Sloth - the key top e-business is speed;
- Envy - don't simply copy the successes of other companies;
- Greed - Don't be afraid to collaborate;
- Pride - Share your data;
- Gluttony - Delivering online grub can be complicated;
- Lust - The proliferation of porn sites makes a clearly defined policy on permissable personal browsing a must;
- Anger - Stop and think before sending that email.
Baker says: "The e-business winners will be those companies with not just vision, but the courage to act upon it!"