AccountingWEB Weekly Resource Guide - Issue 43
April 1 - April 5, 2002
This Resource Guide Brought to You By:
- IRS Softens Requirements for Contribution Documentation
- What Do Your Clients Really Want?
- FREE 30-Day Trial - PricewaterhouseCoopers Comperio
- 20 Questions Directors Should Ask About Privacy
- Get a Temporary Specialist for Free From Accountemps*
- PwC Wins Top Spot in Big 5 Campus Recruiter Survey
- AAA Drafts Responsibilities for Accounting Educators
- FREE Business Evaluation - Manage by Fact - Oracle
- Book Recommendation: CatchFire - A 7 Step Program to Ignite Energy, Defuse Stress, and Power Boost Your Performance, by Peter McLaughlin
- From the Archives: How to Write a Better Resume
- Special Feature: IRS Offers Stress Reduction Tips
"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more
important than any other one thing." - - Abraham Lincoln
Visit the AccountingWEB home page for the latest news and happenings around the profession.
Don't miss a beat, keep up-to-date with the AccountingWEB Newswires.
TIDBITS - MEMBERS ONLY
RESOURCES FOR ACCOUNTINGWEB MEMBERS
As part of its continuing effort to uncomplicate the income tax rules that apply to people even indirectly affected by the September 11 terrorist attacks, the Internal Revenue Service has announced a new rule that eases the requirement for obtaining substantiating documentation for charitable contributions.
It's really no secret what your clients and prospects want, they want solutions and leadership. Your marketing and sales efforts can be more successful if you offer solutions.
Thirty years ago, the rules governing corporate accounting fit into two volumes. Today you need a long bookcase - one that continuously updates itself - just to stay current. PricewaterhouseCoopers Comperio is your one-stop source for financial reporting and assurance literature from authoritative bodies around the world. For your FREE 30-day trial of Comperio, visit us today.
A new resource is available to help corporate directors understand and implement privacy initiatives within their companies.
For over 52 years, Accountemps has been the leader in providing North America with the most qualified temporary financial specialists. If your bookkeeper is on vacation, or you need help with monthly closings or payroll, Accountemps is the cost-effective solution. We're also there to assist with your special projects needs including consolidations or financial systems conversions. In fact, we're rated as having the most qualified temporaries by a 4 to-1 margin over any other national financial specialist. Learn how Accountemps can provide you with a temporary financial professional for one day absolutely free on any new minimum 40-hour assignment. *Download your coupon today.
The Emerson Student Advisory Board, formed in August 2000 has just completed its second annual Big Five Campus Recruiting Survey. For a second time, PricewaterhouseCoopers has been named as the overall leader in Big Five campus recruiting.
TAX SEASON HUMOR
Free With Purchase; Budget Deficit; Cash Surplus; Great Depression Huge Market Niche; Savings & Loan; Social Security; Tax Return & Temporary Tax Increase.
The American Accounting Association (AAA), a membership organization of accounting educators, is asking its members for their views on a proposed statement of responsibilities.
Manage by fact, not fantasy with Daily Business Close. Oracle Financials - a component of Oracle E-Business Suite -features Daily Business Close, giving you the numbers you need to drive profits today. Get a FREE Business Evaluation.
9. Book Recommendation: CatchFire - A 7 Step Program to Ignite Energy, Defuse Stress, and Power Boost Your Performance, by Peter McLaughlin
Thrive in today's high-pressure work world. Have fun in the midst of chaos. Unleash the energy, enthusiasm, and enterprise you need to maximize your performance at work. That's what CatchFire is all about. Forget struggling through your workday stressed out, tired, or scattered. To work at peak productivity today you need focus, flexibility, confidence, humor, and a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
Whether you're looking for your first job, hoping for advancement with your current employer, considering a job change, or just getting your records in order, maybe now is the time to make sure your resume is in good shape.
11. Special Feature: IRS Offers Stress Reduction Tips
The IRS announced that it has already received half of the 132 million returns it expects this year and the agency offered some tips to reduce "tax time stress" for those who have yet to file.
CAREERZONE TOP FIVE JOB LISTINGS
- KPMG - Federal Government Accountant, Springfield, VA
- Felker Brothers Corporations- Corporate Controller, Stevens Point, WI
- SpyGlass Search - SEC Reporting Manager, Warsaw, IN
- Program for Appropriate Technology in Health - Accounting Officer, Seattle, WA
- CCG - Accounting Manager, Roswell, GA
- Top 10 Technology Predictions For CPAs For 2002
- Building a Successful Technology Team
- Five Technologies Accountants Should Know
- Find the Right Accounting Software for Your Client
- Anti-Spam Efforts May Affect YOUR Ability to Send E-mail
ACCOUNTINGWEB Q&A FORUM
Here is a sample of the questions that have been posted this week. Check out the questions below and see if you can lend a hand or visit the Q&A Forum Page for the most recent questions/answers posted by our members. http://www.accountingweb.com/help/anyanswers.html
- Can anyone tell me where I can find the National Fiduciary Accounting Standards?
- When a distribution qualifies for averaging on FORM 4972, it appears to me that the amount of the distribution is excluded from AGI. Is this correct? This causes my client to not owe tax on social security income that she would otherwise owe. Does this make sense?
- What is the best solution for scanning client records? We are scanning all client records, but have inadequate equipment.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
We would like to thank PricewaterhouseCoopers, Accountemps and Oracle E-Business for making this AccountingWEB Resource Guide possible.
Copyright (C) 2002 AccountingWEB, Inc.
All rights reserved
"To inform, to enrich, to enlighten, to entertain."