TaxWise offers different groupings of their tax software so that they are price accessible to the various sized firms that are looking for the services their product offers. TaxWise is targeted for the accounting firm that is looking to grow and wants to position itself in an efficient manner with a complete business solution that is fully integrated and streamlined.
The ProFiling Package is $1084 for all federal individual and state and local forms, $1 Per federal and $.50 per state for electronic filing. The Power package at $2395 includes 1120, 1120s, 1065, 1041, 706, 709, 990 and 5500as well as unlimited e-filing, and free networking within the same office. They also offer an Executive package that includes all 1040 forms, 1120, 1120S, and 1065, 3 states each for individual and business returns, and $2 federal, $1 state electronic filing for $1335. The Complete Tax and Accounting package includes their complete line of individual, corporate, partnership, business, and specialty forms and schedules, all states and electronic filing, trial balance, fixed asset, document manager, and research software for $3265. TaxWise includes as much power as you could need, depending on the package you purchase. Free orientation sessions, customer support, and the online CCH U.S. Master Tax Guide (included in the Executive, Power, and Complete packages) make this a complete solution for a growing professional accounting firm.
While this won't help you with the IRS, a great feature of TaxWise is that many forms and instructions are available in Spanish. An easy selection on the Main Information page allows you access to forms that your Spanish-speaking clients will be able to read and understand. Since the choice is for either printed or displayed and printed, whether you are sitting down with papers or sharing the view from your monitor, you will be better prepared to help your clients understand the forms they will be signing.
2009 enhancements include:
- A new report for the 2009 tax year program is called the Daily List. It includes a listing of all returns created on that day, showing total returns and amount of fees.
- The real-time refund monitor on the upper left of the working screen will now include the state refund as well as the federal refund.
- Customizable watermarks for each return
- The client return list can be searched by any field
- Most of the enhancements for 2009 aren't going to be things that tax preparers can see, but they will definitely notice them when they use the program. State and federal tax and program updates will be sent as soon as they are created, individually rather than waiting for both sets. This will give a quicker turnaround time on updates and more accurate processing.
CCH Small Firm Services continues to be focused on making sure its customers' tax preparers are trained and comfortable with all aspects of the program. TaxWise University is a great tool for training, as the system administrator can set up the specific classes that a particular practitioner needs to master and then monitor the progress. Since it is an online class, it can be taken it at the convenience of the practitioner both in terms of time and location, wherever Internet access is available. The training is free for users and CPE credit is available for a fee. TaxWise TV offers a library of training videos that are valuable for all aspects of a tax practice. During tax season, "Good Morning SFS" is available Monday through Friday, January through April broadcasting relevant IRS updates as well as TaxWise software tips.
Eriana Rivera-Rozo, product managers for TaxWise, CCH Small Firm Services said, "We seek to provide a complete support infrastructure. We're not just a tax software company. We seek to be the business solution to our customer's industry needs."
Here is a list of the forms and related help that are available in Spanish
- 1040ES (Domestic)
- 1040ES (Puerto Rico) English translation
- 1040ES-SP (Puerto Rico)
- 1116 AMT
- Client Organizer
- CTC Form
- Dependent Exemption Eligibility
- Interview Sheet
- Main Information Sheet
- Price Sheet
- Schedule A Detail (itemized deductions)
- Schedule A
- Schedule B
- Schedule C
- Schedule C-EZ
- Schedule D
- Schedule E
- Schedule E Dup
- Schedule EIC
- Schedule SE
- Schedule L
- Schedule M
- Three Year Tax Summary
- W-4 Planner & W-4