A recent article in Inc. magazine analyzed seven top web sites where tax pointers can be found. Included in the seven was Eva Rosenberg's site, www.taxmama.com, and the article described the site as "A joyful and occasionally informative romp through the tax world." The site is geared primarily toward the consumer. Visitors can submit questions and read Q&A's in Tax Mama's e-mail newsletter. Ms. Rosenberg, the site's founder, has been a repeat guest presenter in the AccountingWEB workshop series.
Other sites mentioned the article include:
- www.bankrate.com: Easy to navigate, appealing to CEOs.
- www.dtonline.com: Operated by Deloitte & Touche, the site is primarily a guide for personal financial planning.
- www.irs.ustreas.gov/bus_info/sm_bus: The IRS's small business site contains comprehensive tax information tailored for small businesses, and is recommended for tax issues relating to start-up companies.
- www.smbiz.com: Described as a "link farm," the site also contains tax news.
- www.taxcast.com: Ernst & Young's site provides tax law summaries and other tax documents.
- www.taxprophet.com: The site contains a large tax law database, as well as advisories about tax scams and an online bulletin board.