The IRS is now publishing the Digital Dispatch on a weekly basis instead of biweekly. By sending the e-mail dispatch out each week, the IRS can better help tax professionals stay current with important new developments.
The Digital Dispatch is a newsletter for tax professionals e-mailed to 100,000 subscribers, free of charge. It provides subscribers with important upcoming tax dates and events, summaries of and links to IRS news releases, alerts, and all of the week's technical guidance â announcements, notices, revenue procedures and revenue rulings.
Anyone with e-mail and access to the internet can subscribe by visiting IRS.gov.
The IRS provides numerous electronic subscription options besides the Digital Dispatch:
- e-News For Tax Professionals is an electronic mail service designed to provide localized, targeted and immediate information for tax professionals in each state.
- IRS Newswire e-mails news releases to subscribers from the National Media Relations Office.
- IRS Tax Tips provides daily e-mails of tax information to subscribers during the tax filing season (Jan 1 â April 15) and periodically during the rest of the year.
- Employee Plan News is a newsletter about current developments and upcoming events within the retirement plan arena that is e-mailed to subscribers, quarterly.
- Tax Stats Dispatch Mailing List provides subscribers with the announcements about the most recent tax statistics.
- SB/SE Mailing List provides information to subscribers about IRS outreach products and programs for small businesses and self employed taxpayers.
- FSLG Newsletter is e-mailed periodically to subscribers to provide information about current developments and upcoming events of interest to government entities.
- âQuick Alertsâ e-file Messaging System keeps subscribers in touch with first hand knowledge of processing delays, the moment they happen.