Apr 6th 2001
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service, the nation's second largest tax preparation service behind H&R Block, offers the following tips for making your meeting with a tax preparer quick and efficient:
Advert Advertise with us
- Bring all income-related documents including W-2 forms, 1099 forms, Schedules K-1, bank statements and other year-end statements reflecting income earned for the year, gambling income information, information relating to self-employment income, rental income information, social security income form, and details of gratuities received.
- Bring documentation of all expenses that may be deductible, such as expenses relating to self-employment income, gambling losses, expenses from rental properties, medical and dental records, contributions made (including non-cash contributions), employment and job-searching expenses, and child care expenses (including the federal identification number or Social Security number of the care provider).
- Bring records of a home purchase or sale, and mortgage and property tax information on real estate that you own.
- Bring records of stock purchases and sales, state tax refund received, alimony paid or received, and estimated taxes paid.
- Bring the Social Security number and birth date of all people listed on the tax return, and bring a copy of last year's tax return.