Some taxpayers may be sending their tax returns to different tax centers this year, according to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Changes affect taxpayers filing
Taxpayers should send:
- Returns from Delaware and Virginia to the IRS Center in Atlanta, Georgia;
- Returns from the District of Columbia and Maryland to the IRS Center in Andover, Massachusetts;
- Returns from Ohio to the IRS Center in Kansas City, Missouri;
- Returns from Kansas, Mississippi, and West Virginia to the IRS Center in Austin, Texas;
- Returns from Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, and South Dakota to the IRS Center in Fresno, California.
Additional mailing instructions can be found on the back cover of the instructions to Form 1040, 1040-A or 1040EZ for those taxpayers who file paper returns but did not receive tax packages from the IRS. Returns that are submitted electronically are not affected by these changes.