Mar 19th 2001
Here's hoping you didn't make any of these mistakes and that you get through tax season with your bank account and good humor still intact!
- Making math errors.
- Not including Social Security numbers.
- Not signing and dating your return.
- Not using the pre-printed label and envelope from the tax package.
- Forgetting about interest and dividends.
- Forgetting to donate unwanted items to charity.
- Not including all your forms.
- Not properly tracking your investment basis.
- Using the EZ form when a longer form could cut your taxes.
- Not getting all your payment material in order.
- Forgetting to bunch your deductions.
- Not taking all the credits you're eligible for.
- Using the wrong tax table.
- Missing the deadline to request an extension.
- Not putting the proper postage on your return package.