A new survey finds that more holiday gift buyers will be using credit cards this year and it can be a rewarding experience if the cards are used wisely.
Credit-Land.com is a group that keeps an eye on credit cards for the consumer by analyzing and ranking cards that offer the best values to customers. A combination of credit card benefits, credit card costs and consumer protection features are used to form the rankings.
Credit-Land.com lists the cards for this year's holiday use, based on the objective criteria, as follows:
- Discover® Card Platinum - named the 2006 Holiday Shopping Credit Card of the Year, nationwide, features no annual fee, zero dollar fraud liability, a generous 5 percent cash back and a 25 day grace period, a low interest rate, zero percent introductory rate and a $15 dollar late fee for balances under $500.
- Chase Bank Platinum Visa® - is the second place winner with no annual fee, a Flexible Reward Program that offers points for every dollar spent and that can be redeemed either in cash or merchandise and collision insurance on auto rentals that can be a money saver on holiday travel.
- Blue from American Express - offers no annual fee, a low APR and a reward program offered by Blue Card from American Express that is redeemable for merchandise from a selection of major retailers, gift cards or for travel.
- Capital One No Hassle Cash Rewards Visa - is good for both travel and shopping, with a 1 percent cash back on purchases and 2 percent on gas purchases, no annual fee, travel insurance and a reasonable rate of interest.
- First PREMIER Bank MasterCard® - offers consumers with a poor credit history a chance to improve their credit with the lowest total cost of ownership offerings for those who do not qualify for a card otherwise, a 25 day grace period on purchases, with a 9.99 percent APR and a $25 late fee.
The company lists more information at www.credit-land.com/holidays. The company is a consumer education provider and offers a best-in-kind credit card watch service using consumer needs to rank credit cards.
Card holders are advised to make on-time payments and avoid going over the card limit to avoid fees. Read details carefully to be advised of possible changes in rates and use cards wisely.