The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission will host two interactive roundtable meetings to discuss the international impact of proposed rules on auditor independence and attorney conduct.
Both meetings will be held on Tuesday, December 17th and will be webcast from the SEC's headquarters in Washington DC. The auditor independence session will start at 9 am, while the session on attorney conduct will start at 2 pm.
Participants will represent a wide range of views, including those of regulators, standard setters, the accounting profession, professional associations, law firms, foreign issuers and U.S. issuers with operations abroad. The participants will include representatives from the following:
- European Commission
- Ontario Securities Commission
- UK Accountancy Foundation
- German Chamber of Accountants
- Italian Commissione Nazionale per le Societa e la Borsa
- Chilean Superintendencia de Valores
- Deloitte & Touche
- Ernst & Young
- Transition Oversight Staff
- International Bar Association
- Council of the Bars and Law Societies of the European Union
- Law Society of England and Wales
Copies of materials submitted by the participants will be available at the SEC's Web site.