Vacation, Reflection, Artists and Drones!
Posted by accountingweb on 895
I apologize for not posting the last couple of weeks. I was on vacation last week, and the week before that, I was really busy trying to get things done before vacation. With that said, while I was out, I conducted some reflection and read a couple of Seth Godin  books (Linchpin and Poke the Box). I have read most of his books and find them to be very motivational and easy reads. I took several key points and motivational thoughts from these books, such as:
- Be an Artist. Not a drone.
- Solve interesting problems
- Take initiative
- Be remarkable
- Question the status quo
- Don't accept mediocre obedience (failed attempt to be really good)
- Start something
- Do it now!
- Virginia amended the manufacturer single sales factor election legislation to lessen the employment requirements and eliminate the 10% penalty
- Texas created an amnesty program to begin June 12, 2012
- Ohio created an amnesty program to begin May 1, 2012