New FAF Microsite Celebrates Forty Years of the FASB
- FASB Chairman Russell Golden's goals for the future presented in his closing remarks  at the FASB@40 Conference.
- One-on-one interviews  with all the FASB chairs, from 1978 through 2013. Don Kirk, Denny Beresford, Ed Jenkins, Robert Herz, and Leslie Seidman share the challenges they faced during their tenures.
- Biographies of FASB@40 Conference speakers  and their accomplishments as influential leaders in the accounting industry through the years.
The site also features audio and transcripts from each of the following three panel discussions:
- A Look Back  addresses important moments in the FASB's history, including significant standards, the FASB Conceptual Framework, convergence, and the FASB Codification.
- The Standard-Setting Process  addresses issues related to standard setting, including the pros and cons of making changes to US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Future Issues for the FASB  discusses major issues that lie ahead for the FASB and new accounting issues on the horizon.
"Our work has not always earned us the top award for popularity. In fact, some folks over the years have said some downright unkind things about us," Golden said during his speech at the FASB@40 Conference. "But in standard setting, seeking to do the right thing is rarely the path to victory in the contest to be the most popular. That's as it should be."