Citrin Cooperman 's Architecture and Engineering Practice sponsored the recently held 2013 Annual Joint Dinner of the Design and Construction Industry. The event, cohosted by the Architect Institute of America Connecticut (AIACT), brought together leading Connecticut professionals from thirty associations including architecture, construction, engineering, and design.
The keynote speaker for the event was Governor Dannel Malloy of Connecticut, who discussed his plans for improving the state's infrastructure and other economic initiatives for the coming year.
"Having the Governor come and share his thoughts on critical issues related to the design and construction field made the evening especially meaningful," stated Gilbert K. Watkins, a partner who leads Citrin Cooperman's Architecture and Engineering Practice.
"We are proud of our association with the AIACT and related groups and welcome the opportunity to support such a worthwhile and important event," added Mark L. Fagan, managing partner of Citrin Cooperman's Connecticut office.
Citrin Cooperman is the twenty-fifth largest accounting and consulting firm in the United States. The firm's Architecture and Engineering Practice has over thirty years of experience working with leading architectural and engineering firms in Connecticut, New York, and nationwide.
James, a CPA candidate, has joined the firm as a staff member with the tax department's Wealth Management Services team. She brings valuable experience in tax specialties including individual tax returns, corporate tax, partnerships, gift tax returns, estates and trusts. James comes to LBMC from JP Morgan where she worked as a Financial Control Analyst. She has a Master of Accountancy from Middle Tennessee State University and a bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
Reid has joined the firm as an analyst and will be assisting LBMC clients through investment research and portfolio analysis. Reid is a graduate of Sewanee: The University of the South and the University of Virginia's McIntire Business Institute: McIntire School of Commerce. His previous experience includes working for a private wealth management firm and an online wealth management software company in Nashville. Reid is a Certified Financial Planner candidate.
Network Management Group Inc. (NMGI)
, a leading IT consulting and services provider, has announced that its CEO and cofounder, Steve Harper
, was selected from several hundred entries to be recognized with an SMB 150 accolade
. The SMB 150, a collaboration between SMB Nation and SMB Technology Network, is the SMB technology channel's annual list
of its 150 most influential members.
Harper was officially named to the SMB 150 Channel Influencers List on March 8, 2013. He joins a group of esteemed colleagues who were chosen during a two-phase voting process. In the initial stage, channel community members voted on 450 nominees. Following the community vote, a panel of industry experts consisting of Harry Brelsford (SMB Nation),
Karl Palachuk (Great Little Book Publishing Co., Inc.); Josh Peterson (MSP Score); Dave Seibert (IT Innovators); and Dan Wensley (Level Platforms) evaluated each nominee based on a pre-established rubric. The community vote accounted for 40 percent of each nominee's overall rating, with the expert panel's decision contributing the remaining 60 percent.
Prager Metis International LLC
, a newly combined midsized accounting firm boasting an international presence, welcomes John Gosch
as its newest partner in its Los Angeles office. Gosch will concentrate on providing business consulting and financial planning services to both domestic and international businesses and individuals.
Domestically, Gosch's focus will be to grow the practice throughout Los Angeles as well as in the Silicon Valley, California, area. Gosch has expertise in international tax matters and will continue to make annual trips to Europe, offering presentations and lectures throughout several European countries, including Germany and France.
Gosch has thirty years of experience in the accounting field and serves clients in the international, technology, manufacturing, digital media, venture-backed companies, and consumer products areas. A licensed CPA in California and New York, Gosch earned a bachelor's degree in finance from Lehigh University and a master's degree in accounting from Pennsylvania State University.