25 Most Powerful Women in Accounting Named
CPA Practice Advisor  magazine in conjunction with the American Society of Women Accountants  (ASWA) has announced the winners of the 25 "Most Powerful Women in Accounting" award, recognizing the impact women are having on the accounting profession. The announcement of this first annual award was made this week at the ASWA annual conference in San Diego, CA.
The winners are:
- Sharada Bhansali, Co-founder and Executive VP: AccountantsWorld
- Cynthia Borders-Byrd, CPA, MBA, Managing Member: C Borders-Byrd, CPA LLC
- Dawn W. Brolin, MSA, Principal: Professional Accounting Solutions, LLC
- Cheri H. Freeh, CPA, CGMA, Principal: Hutchinson, Gillahan & Freeh, P.C.
- Tracy Gaspardo Mortenson, JD, CPA, Director, Electronic Publishing Development, CCH, a Wolters Kluwer
- Michelle Golden, CPF, President: Golden Practices Inc.
- DeAnn Hill, CPA, PFS, CGMA, Owner: DeAnn Auman Hill, CPA
- Jennifer Katrulya, CPA, CITP, CGMA, Founder and CEO: BMRG, LLC
- Stacy L. Kildal, Owner/Operator: Kildal Services LLC
- Heather Kirkby, Director Product Management and Marketing, Intuit, Inc.
- Teresa Mackintosh, CPA, Executive Vice President, General Manager, Tax Business Unit, CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
- Monika Miles, CPA, MST, President: Labhart Miles Consulting Group, Inc.
- Marianna Mooney, CPA, Partner: MayerMeinberg, LLP
- Edi Osborn, CSPM, CPBA, CPVA, CEO, Motivational Mentor: Mentor Plus
- Gail Perry, CPA, Publisher/Editor-in-Chief: Sift Media, AccountingWEB, Going Concern
- Jean Rakich, Director, Training & Consulting Services: Thomson-Reuters, Professional Tax & Accounting Division
- Robin Rokuson, CPA, TEP, Partner (In-Charge of Tax Group): Gettry Marcus Stern & Lehrer, CPA, P.C.
- Kristy Short, Ed.D, President, RWC360, LLC; Partner & Chief Marketing Officer, RootWorks
- Maria (Mia) Thomas, CPA, President: Mia A. Thomas, P.A.
- Lisa D. Traina, CPA, CITP, CGMA, President (Owner): Traina & Associates
- Jill Ward, MBA, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Intuit Accounting Professionals Division
- Elaine Weiss, JD, President & CEO: Illinois CPA Society
- Geni Whiteouse, CPA, CITP, CSPM, Countess of Communication: Brotemarkle, Davis & Co., LLP
- Sandra Wiley, SPHR, Shareholder and COO: Boomer Consulting, Inc., Kolbe Certified Master
- Jennifer Lee Wilson, Co-founder and Partner, ConvergenceCoaching, LLC
More information about the winners can be found at CPA Practice Advisor .